Zenni Optical, recommendation for sturdy frames for shop use?

Finally got around to getting my eyes examined. Got a prescription for glasses tweaked just for the range I need when working, primarily on the
lathe.
I bought glasses for my daughter from Zenni last year. She chose them, so style of course was paramount. I found them pretty flimsy.
For my work glasses, I want a frame that's sturdy and I'm not really concerned about looks. Anyone have a particular model Zenni frame they use in a work environment, and would recommend? Certainly willing to pay for the flexible titanium frames if they really hold up. I often slip one stem in my back pocket, and ruin hinges when I sit down, so the hinge is my prime concern.
Thanks,
Jon

My "adapted to my astigmatism magnifiers" (regular prescription + 5 diopters) are Zenni's in one of the cheap metal frame ($8.95 at the time) styles. Not stylish, fairly sturdy, and have the "spring hinge" feature that soaks up a lot of hinge issues. I still don't suggest sitting on any glasses, so start hanging them in a front pocket or off your collar (or an around-the-neck thing.) They seem to change styles more often than the car companies, so I doubt that exact style is still on offer.

Ecnerwal wrote:

i have the flexible Ti frames from zenni. they work as advertised, are strong and light. not only that, the hinges on this one will open to 180 degrees to the lens frame, so will accommodate a LOT of abuse.
    [ ... ]

    Back in the late 1950s, a pin called a "circle pin" was popular. I know that my sister wanted one, so she got one for Christmas. (One of the few times I *knew* what to give her. :-)
    Anyway, many years later, I learned another use for them from a woman who was a traditional musician. She put one earpiece of her glasses through the pin (pinned to her front, of course) and they stayed there nicely until she needed them again. (She picked up the pins at flea markets, yard sales and estate sales, she said.)
    I'm sort of tempted to make one or two for my own use -- probably brass, not silver. It was a very convenient way to deal with the on-again/off-again glasses problem.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Jon Anderson wrote:

http://www.zennioptical.com/#/?frm_size [from]t7&frm_size[to]u1
374715 Brown 374712 Gray 374714 Gold
Titanium with springs. Mine have survived 2+ years and I'm *hard* on frames.
Of the frames Zenni sells, these take the biggest lenses as far as I could find. I like the protection and image quality of big lenses. YMMV.
    [ ... ]

    That is one of my complaints about the local glasses places. They are only offering "stylish" frames with lenses too small -- even if you want *safety* glasses.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Jon Anderson wrote:

Word to the wise.
Measure the overall width from temple to temple of your existing frames and use that width as a shopping criteria. Otherwise you'll end up with 'scale model' glasses. AMHIKT.
--Winston

Yeah, you don't want Asian-sized frames on a fat, old 'Murrican head, do you?
When Zenni first started, that's all they carried. Several years later, I tried them once they had a good large-sized selection. I use the bloody 'ell out of my eyes, constantly moving them and needing prescription for every angle. Large lenses allow for that, so I'm right with ya, Winnie.
-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger
Larry Jaques wrote:
(...)

Granny glasses are so 1965.
--Winston

Hey, my corduroy OP shorts from 1970 still fit me. Pfffffft!
(For you non-Californicators, OP = Ocean Pacific, the surfer's main clothier.)
-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger
Larry Jaques wrote:
(...)

With the proper stitching, I could wear *two* pair of my 1970 pants *at the same time*.
So there.
--Winston <-- Would still run out of pockets though.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger
Larry Jaques wrote:

Maybe he NEEDS two pairs to keep from splitting a single pair? ;-)
--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Well, yeah...
--Winston
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:36:38 -0800, Jon Anderson

My brand new Zenni ($4 for spares) frames took a hit from a rake (yeah, the conventional cartoon style, step on head, handle smacks you in the face) and they bounced back just fine. It did put a small pair of scuff marks in the left lens, damnit, abut I'm glad the handle hit the lens instead of breaking my nose.
These frames feel flimsy, but methinks they're sturdier than they look or feel. My old computer glasses used their stainless frames and they, too, felt flimsy but never broke.
Zenni 419012, with double bridge structure for added strength.
Hey, over there, you'll prolly get 'em in 3 days. It takes 2 weeks to get to the Left Coast.
-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger
Thanks for all the suggestions. Ti flexible frames it'll be for the shop glasses. For driving, will look for a model with available clip on sun glasses. I was a bit worried about that one, I'm a huge fan of polarized sun glasses, but it appears all their clips on sun shades are polarized. Going to miss the stylish sun glasses I bought in Australia last visit...
The new feature where you can upload an image and 'try on' glasses is kinda neat, even if they insist on placing them too high on my face.
Jon
Jon Anderson wrote:

Sit higher for your next photo. ;-)