Subject Author Posted Replies

Tile Block Total parts weight
In the BOM I have weight of a part and the total number of the parts with a formula in the Total Weight to multiply both. This figure I would like to show in the Title Block. Whats the best way of...

Richard's Moment
So, Richard. Have you had the epiphany as to how to reconcile your differences with the world and move on? Curious what you decided if you have. I'm missing which "Richard"... I'll comment for myself....
2
2

Help optimizing CNC lathe part
Esteemed RCM'ers: I'm designing a part that'll be produced on a CNC lathe and am looking for "design for manufacturing" help from anyone who has more knowledge of CNC lathes than I (that's about...
4
4

Flag pole wxtension
I have a homemade flagpole. 3” OD pipe. I want to extend it 8-10 feet. Can not take original one down. Want to add to top of it. Need sleeve or pipe that will fit into it. Any suggestions????

Suitable for a countershaft ?
I ordered a piece of O1 drill rod to make a spindle for a mower deck , and realized today it's the right diameter to make a new countershaft for my Logan lathe ! I bought new oilite bushings a while...
13
13

About that Holley carb ...
After exhausting every avenue locally , today I ordered one on eBay . I have one already , but everybody says that a 750CFM 4160 is just too much carb for a 305 small block GM motor even with the mods...
6
6

O/T - diesel car - "modern" car why extra 30+percent fuel consumption?
Hi all On this bright morning I thought to ask you here on r.c.m. if any of you know what makes the difference for a diesel car between very good fuel consumption and just good fuel consumption. The...
30
30

Way Oil
I've been using Mobile Vactra #2 Way oil for some years in the ways on all my machines. My primary vendors are out of stock, and even if it was in stock the price has doubled. Interestingly one of my...
1
1

Dammit !
I helped a neighbor today , replacing the upper ball joint and a-frame bushings on his '05 Chevy truck . Too bad I didn't realize that spacer sleeve was too short ... and I bent the threaded part of...
2
2

Stripper Disc: Getting More First Minutes Out of A Flap Disc
13
13

Getting More First Minutes Out of A Flap Disc
Yesterday I found myself cleaning up a bit of square tube in preparation for welding and later paint. It was outside, but in SW Arizona, that just means it has developed a small amount of protective...
24
24

OT: Thunderbird
I do miss the old Outlook Express newsreader, but Thunderbird has proven to have its own features of value. The ability to write rules and sort emails of course is very useful as is the ability to...

Making Molds On a POS Manual Mini Mill
I sold my first injection molds made on a tiny Taig CNC milling machine. Compared to a half million dollar Haas mold maker it too was a POS. In the spirit of paying it forward I am working on a video...
44
44

Trading Money For Time
Jim Wilkins said something along these lines. I don't have the option to trade money for time. In business it can very much make a huge difference. It takes money to make money. AND Time is money....
3
3

A Different Path
I've talked about my time with the phone company before so I won't cover that again here. I will talk about other work experience. Its kind of how I wound up in the career where I spent most of my...
3
3