Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Whitworth impact sockets
I'm looking for some Whitworth impact sockets. Does anyone have a source, or have any they would like to sell me? We're always warned against using ordinary sockets with an impact wrench, I've used...
12
12

UNF Thread
Hi Im making a TDC/Timing tool for a 2stroke engine By fitting a 5/16 unf bolt inside a spark plug. I need to know how much this bolt will extend by each complete revolution in mm. thanks
17
17

Origin of Morse Tapers series
Please forgive me if this has been bashed out before, but I've been thinking again (Oh NO! they cried). For years I've wondered about the series of angles of the MT tapers. I thought the wierd spread...
25
25

metal stockist devon
Can anyone suggest a good metal stockist in the South Devon area. There are plenty of tool shops near to me, but so far I haven't located a really good supplier of materials. Any ideas? cheerio, tim.
5
5

Atlas 10f - Project
Is anyone looking for a "project"? I have an Atlas 10f which is complete (without chucks but including changewheels) but needs some work (understatement) to return to a good workable condition. The...
18
18

Milling problem
I have a Dore-Westbury milling machine which is in good condition, and allowing for its light construction, has generally given me good results. However, I had a problem recently when I needed to do...
19
19

IP44 50volt socket needed
I've got a toolpost grinder with a 50volt AC IP44 plug, serial numebr LN9021, and therefore need a matching panel mounting socket for the new power supply. The plug is an MK job but I can't find the...
4
4

OT: Looking for 44 pin IC socket
Somewhat OT I realise, but knowing a few of the group are electronics enthusiasts (or just do it for a living), I thought I would as here; I'm trying to locate a 44 pin DIL IC socket, 0.9" between...
3
3

movies
image xxxxxxx Hi=85Visit Me Hi..Click me Online Movies

Extra, extra, long end mill sought
Looking for some sort of rotary cutter, like an end mill, that is around 6 or 7 inches long, and has at least a 5 inch long cutting area, and here comes the good bit, it needs to be 6mm dia. We would...
8
8

Southbend bed regrind
A friend of mine* is looking to get a bed regrind for his 9" x 36" Southbend lathe (vintage 1946). Inverted V-bed. Does anyone know of a reliable company doing bed regrinds, preferably in the SE...
5
5

Myford super 7 half nuts
Hi Can anyone tell me the proper procedure for installing and adjusting the half nuts on a Super 7? Pete Harrison
1
1

Looking for Harrison M300
I am looking for a Harrison M300 in good condition. Ideally, my preference would be for a metric gap bed machine with a full complement of bits (3-jaw, 4-jaw, the vital 5MT to 3MT adapter, coolant and...
3
3

Metal for milling spindle?
Now that the stepper controlled dividing head (qv) is commissioned I need to manufacture a milling spindle to cut the clock wheels and pinions. I purchased the cutters 4 years ago (thinking then that...
9
9

Bigger stuff ..
Need two discs of eg mild steel, around 7 inch diameter by 2 inch thick - any ideas? Thanks, -- Peter
2
2