Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

keyways
consider a gear on a shaft, with a square key. Cutting the keyway on the shft is fairly easy, you can use a slotting saw or an endmill/slotdrill - but how do you cut the keyway in the gear? I don't...
14
14

Stainless corner pieces ?
I'm looking for some stanless steel corners somewhat like this : that one is nickel-plated). I only need a couple so cutting down a bigger item is a possibility - however, I can't find anything...

Bridgeport Interact wanted
I'm looking for a good condition Bridgeport Interact (1 or 2) with a TNC151B or 155B or later control if anyone is aware of one in the offing. Condition is important. AWEM
4
4

Management Tutorials
Delhi Institute of Management & Services Dear friends, We are extremely happy to welcome you to the world of Management... We are in the process of preparing some 5 minutes revision Q & A type lessons...

small air compressor for powering steam model
Gentlefolk, My Lady Stephanie is at last nearing completion, and I'd like the ability to run her occasionally for demonstration purposes (aka 'showing off'). I've run her on steam, but that won't be...
26
26

ArcEuro X3
So somebody asked me to report in on the ArcEuro X3 that I bought a few weeks ago. Here goes: Ordering was a very straightforward process. Delivery was bang on time and *very* well crated. I got the...
3
3

small canadian gloat
Reading the local at the local coffee shop instead of talking to me wife when .... woo hoo! Showed me wife - go have a look at it, says she. So off Aa goes, with permission to buy, and returns home an...
10
10

Metal engineering models
Hi Group, I'm interested in getting started on making metal mechanical devices/ model and the like. Problem is I have no engineering background. Wouldn't know how to use a lathe for metal work etc....
11
11

Thread question
There's an imperial thread that's almost exactly the same as M5 coarse - anyone know what it it is? Thanks, Peter Fairbrother oboy: xkcd: Welcome Back
30
30

12 volt power supply
Hi Guys, My Boxford STS10 20 lathe has a 12 volt light, but no power supply. Does anyone know where i can source a supply which will fit the connection I currenty have? This is a round plug about 18mm...
3
3

Free F type collets
> 1/2" , 9/16", 5/8" > Made by Perfos > > I believe these are "F type" collets but please ask if you need more info about specific dimensions. > > Currently in Winchester. > > Dave > These are still...
7
7

PTFE Washers Wanted
Could I ask if anyone in the group could turn me up some PTFE washers please? Proper coin of the realm offered in exchange, plus postage costs. We have the Raglan Littlejohn lathe here at the factory,...

Meters Wanted
The old searchlight genny that we are restoring has need of a pair of meters that would fit the age of the control box, 1940's to 1950's. Thye old meters have had water inside for some time and the...
8
8

American Chopper pricing question
Hi, This is entirely idle curiosity but I'm curious to know how much the bespoke bikes that that firm on "American Chopper" make sell for ? And how may they make each year if anyone knows or can...
2
2

Stripping silver plating
Hi I will be silver soldering on some silver plated parts and have no idea how the plating will look after heating. If the silver plating looks ugly after the silver soldering can it be stripped off...
5
5