Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with Collets
Hi all I have been given a collet chuck for my lathe which has a different type of collect to most I have found. The collets are similar to a 5c collets except they have a thread of 12TPI at the base,...
4
4

Kennet Tool and Cutter Grinder
Was the construction of this ever covered in Model Engineer? I can't find anything in the listings of articles but I'm not sure that isn't my mistake! Thanks Charles
10
10

Myford belt specs
I have to order a drive belt for our warm air central heating for which I have the spec (A970/A37) It would be convenient to get spares for the ML7 at the same time but I can't find the spec Can...
1
1

Any Reliability Experience with the low cost DROs
I won't shout as it seems very quiet in here, but just wondered if anyone has any comments on the reliability of the cheaper DROs that have been available for a year or two. I am going to downsize my...
23
23

OT: Austin A40 Sports (2) possibly for sale
There is a possibility that the two A40 Sports cars that we have in storage for Tim in the USA might be up for sale in the next few months. Tim was to have had them shipped over to the USA, but job...
1
1

... Free lathe.
I have been given an Edgewick lathe ,all I have to do is move it from the premises, and get it back home 320klm away. It was given to me by a very good friend who had plans to set up a samll machine...
2
2

One door shuts.....
Spare milling capacity in North London if anyone wants it due to major door manufacturer gone pear shaped on me for 14K Bob

Ascot anyone ?
Did anyone go today ? Good? bad ? anything worth seeing ? John S.
8
8

steel pipe
Looking for something around 8mm external, 1mm wall, much like microbore copper but in steel. It's commonly found on cars as clutch fluid pipe or suchlike. Anyone know where to get it?
5
5

Evening Classes in Southampton
Eastliegh College have finally resurrected their engineering evening classes, unfortunately the search engine on their site does not find the course. As a consequence very few people have applied. I'd...
2
2

Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"
Hi folks, I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the...
21
21

heads up - auction of model engineering W. Yorks 29 Sept

Looking for construction vehicle modelers
Hi I would like to get in touch with people that make/made cranes,front- end loaders, forklifts etc. If you do or know of some one please let me know. Thanks Tim
2
2

Electricity Boards...
We had a new electricity meter fitted last week, being a 3-phase supply at home, it had to be done as a 'special', but it all went OK. The new meter has two built-in mobile phones, one to change...
5
5

removing ballnuts
Just got a ballscrew+nut from ebay, and I need to remove the nut from the screw. Any tips on how to prevent the balls going everywhere except where they should be? Thanks, -- Peter Fairbrother
8
8