Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What plastic to use?
Advice please, about plastic that is easy to machine and has a small degree of =91give=92, possibly a form of nylon? Unfortunately I have to do a lot of woodworking in my (mainly) metalworking...
8
8

cheap tools / the right tool for the job ..
Cheap hacksaw blades 0, frozen leg of lamb 2 7lb axe 1, frozen leg of lamb 0 :)
4
4

More old shite from Bunt.
He's been going down rubbish skips again. 250 notes. pmsl!
5
5

Gauge block info
Picked up this interesting bit of reading from another group ( http://www.starrett.com/pages/72_wringability.cfm
5
5

Link belt drive problems resolved.
I am sure that you will all be pleased to hear that my drive problems are resolved! The pulleys were looked at VERY carefully and I noticed a wear groove that matched the "tail" of the inner most...
6
6

rent-free welding gas (if you're in Kent)
Someone might find this interesting. CO2/Argon mix, £64.66, and you get £40 back on the bottle. Carriage kinda spoils it if you're not near Margate to collect though. -- Peter Fairbrother
3
3

MEW Subscription cheaper in USA than UK??
Well according to this llink here: cost's £45 for a years subscrition to MEW in the UK, but only £42.50 for a years subscription to the USA? Something wrong there methinks. Peter
5
5

Spinning rest for a Boxford ?
Hi, I am idly toying with the idea of making some aluminium spinners for model aeroplanes (up to a couple or 3 inches in diameter and similar length) and wondered if anyone here had ever seen or heard...

Tungsten wire source?
Anyone know where I can get about 3 feet of 1-2 mm dia tungsten wire (pure tungsten, not sintered as in welding tungstens, it will have to be bent) at a non-silly price? Thanks, -- Peter Fairbrother
20
20

Arceuro Milling Machine
I've acquired a bloody great CNC machine. Realistically, it'll be a wossname's age before I can get it fired up and working. And I miss having a manual machine about to hack lumps of metal to death...
7
7

Link belt drive problems
Since I have had my Denford Viceroy I have never been happy with the belt drive. This is an A section Link Belt, a similar setup to the Boxford. The Belt suffers as Backgear oiling is preferred from...
10
10

heath robinson machine in wood on youtube -good fun
Cross-posted from of all places (useless for scuba information by the way) , but good fun all the same: An intricate hand-cranked machine made entirely of wood and glue (no metal or other materials)....

Some preliminary tests for a two spindle CNC
Over in the RCM group I asked about the feasbility of using a master slave relationship in a CNC lathe so a part could be machined on one end and then switched from one chuck to another while spinning...

For Sale - Don Young Derby 4F Castings
As part of a deal to acquire some stuff that I wanted I've ended up with what appears to be a complete set of castings, plans and the build series from Model Engineer for a 3.5" Derby 4F by Don Young....

Neede three, hadda buy a hundred - anybody want some?
Was not going to put that engine back together WITH those *&^%$#! nearly-stripped-phillips headed screws inside. Anybody want some m5x20 countersunk hex-head machine screws, oxide finish? 100 cost me...
4
4