Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Oxy/Acetylene - Any cheaper alternative to BOC
Hi all Does anyone know if there's a cheaper way of setting up an Oxy/ Acetylene welding/brazing kit, than hiring bottles from BOC. I have the rest of the kit - burners, goggles, regulators, hoses,...
31
31

digital ME
Am I dreaming or is there a possibility that Magicalia (knock forehead to ground), which is a digital publisher, would put out Model Engineer in digital form like - about 100 years for a hundred...
3
3

Chinese Whitworth?
I have a Clark CMD1225 mill/drill which is, I believe, a ZX25 clone made in Taiwan. Their current version is the CMD1225C which, I'm told, is made in China. I'd always assumed that the screw threads...
18
18

Tensile strength tester
Anyone got a machine for testing tensile strength? Could they test something for me? Beer money available. Thanks, --Peter Fairbrother
4
4

Boxford AUD metric lathe for sale North west
Hi Guys (and ladies is any reads this) I am selling my Boxford AUD mark 3 lathe. In very good condition ( apart from paint ). 5inch by 20 or 22 Gearbox and power cross feed. fixed and travelling...
2
2

Burnerd multisize oil?
Greetings All, Anybody here have a Burnerd Multisize collet chuck? The factory doesn't know which oil to use. It's apparently not being sold anymore (not my model at least) though the collets are....

Forthcoming Auction
For anyone interested, I spotted an auction of engineering equipment coming up soon in Havant Hampshire. Bearing and Engineering Products Ltd. Bidding is on-line. See Mike

ML7 Motor Wiring
I have an ML7 with a Compton Parkinson single phase motor with J59 stamped on it, 1440 rpm 1/3 hp. The terminals are A, Z, AZ and T. When connecting Live to AZ and Neutral to A the motor will spin in...
1
1

dampening grease
Hi, US company Nye sells dampening gells, for thick prices. The same kind of stuff you find in old binoculars (to get the expensive feeling on cheaper models). This is a very sticky, brownish grease....
15
15

Half-Nut difficulties
Is it normal for half-nuts on older lathes to "hang up" or not smoothly engage the leadscrew with each and every close of the half-nut lever? Not being the original purchaser of this lathe, I do not...
1
1

Petrol in preservative "grease"?
I've just finsihed unpacking and cleaning my new QCTP, Chinese made BX style; I was surprised to find that the preservative "grease" that the parts are coated in smells strongly of petrol and is oil...
1
1

Key steel suppliers
Quick delurk: apart from RS, who are out of stock ATM, anyone know of a key steel supplier? I need 1/4" square. Thanks.
6
6

UK Auction Sites
Hello there, I occasionally sell engineering bits and bobs on E Bay but now that they've put there prices up and they demand that as a seller you have to offer Pay Pal as a payment method and the...
2
2

Equipment stolen from near Warrington
Some evil scrote has taken one of these from my premises but it was almost as new. Also gone are a Makita hammer drill with 2-speed gearbox, an Evolution 7" metal cutting saw (on its last legs with...

FS: Ajax AJMD30 mill
Unused, on stand. £900 or will swap for small precision mill (sherline or any half decent table-top mill) Buyer will need to collect from central Lymington, Hampshire. Weight including stand about...
3
3