Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Solved! - Progess 1S Pillar Drill & Jacobs Chuck
It?s sorted! I went into the Club workshop yesterday afternoon complete with wedges to have another go. There was the chuck neatly sitting on its side on the drilling table complete with a long screw...

Need Info Myford Rotary Switch box pre-1980
I am looking for two Myford switches. I am not sure of the exact type, model No. or year. It is a A.C Only, 5 amp switch. It has a redish anodixed finish. Anyone help and info would be greatly...

Shopping stuff
I recently did some shopping at - ordered a lot of mixed small parts on Sunday, got an email Monday telling me that it had been packed, arrived today, Tuesday, with every part and exactly as ordered....
41
41

grub screw
Hi, After six succesful ones, I did it again... What is the way to remove a M2x4 unslitted grub screw from a locked up brass ring? No EDM yet. Tia, Dirk
6
6

Telescopic bore micrometer?
This is something that has intrigued me for a while, as I'm sure I used them at college for measuring engine cylinder bores, but have never came across them since and I'm beginning to question my...
6
6

Taper Mandrels and accuracy
I have dusted off the Stuart 10V castings, dug out the building book and found Issue 51 of MEW. Time to get started after only four years. In MEW 51, there is an article about jigs and fixtures by...
11
11

motor starting and reversing.
I bet this appears twice now. it seems to be in limbo, so reposting... got cheap on ebay a box with forward reverse stop buttons, but that's all it is, the box and contactors under the buttons. The...
49
49

Progress 1S Pillar Drill – Jacobs 34 Chuck
Our club workshop pillar drill really needs a new chuck. We?ve got a keyless jobby in mind but need to get the existing chuck off the spindle. The Progress 1S spindle has a neat slot, right through...
8
8

motor starting and reversing.
got cheap on ebay a box with forward reverse stop buttons, but that's all it is, the box and contactors under the buttons. The start buttons have push-to-make switches and the stop one has...
7
7

Turning a small diameter?
Evening all, I have a need to turn a number of components (probably in aluminium or brass, it depends what's lying around!). I need to get one section to a 2mm diameter (prior to bunging a die up...
5
5

Angle Grinder Question
Hi, Hoping someone with some sense can help. I've being having problems for a long while now with 4 1/2" and 9" angle grinders that I cannot seem to fix. The trouble lays with the grinder 'snatching'...
2
2

Angle Grinder Question
Hi, Hoping someone with some sense can help. I've being having problems for a long while now with 4 1/2" and 9" angle grinders that I cannot seem to fix. The trouble lays with the grinder 'snatching'...
9
9

Compressor advice
I am thinking of getting a compressor for general use in a hobby workshop. Is this worthwhile? If so what is the sweet spot regarding CFM and reservoir size? Obviously I need a blow gun. Are any other...
2
2

After a Myford...
--Well it's happened: I'm getting to the point where I need a lathe with more capacity than my Super 7B. But now I'm spoiled! ;-) Can anyone suggest a brand/model that's got, say, 1-1/2 times the...
5
5

Belt drive question
Hi, I want to drive a milling machine spindle from a motor, and think a belt drive is the best way to go. Question is, how do I work out what belt to use? The motor runs at 10,000 rpm and a 1:3 ratio...
24
24