Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pinging AWEM
Andrew,now it`s been established you`re still on the planet,do you still have the number for yon Welsh guy who picked up the cooler for you.You know the number I gave you for safe keeping as I have...
1
1

Tailstock shimming
evening all, whilst doing some tiny (1 - 2mm dia) work on my hulking great L5 I noticed my tailstock is low, by about 8 to 10 thou. Is there an accepted way to shim this up? I have currently got 8...
4
4

MEW Article
Gentlemen, Could one of you kind chaps look through your MEW's and tell me which issues have the articles on simple upgrades for a Clarke CL500 as I have looked and cant find it. Thanks, Martin P
2
2

OT: Expect more delays for import products
The whole country has had a bit of high wind, so nothing new there. However, a ship delivering new ship-to-shore dock cranes (made in China..) to Felixstowe port, broke loose from its moorings and was...
1
1

Lathe and milling cutters - seeking suggestions
I'd like to get some carbide tools for my 7x12 lathe and micro mill (Clarke CL300M and CMD10 respectively). The lathe has a quick-change toolpost with holders that will take 8mm tools, and the mill...
12
12

Need a new compressor
Hi, I need to buy a small compressor for home hobby use. It doesn't need to be very big, but I do want a decent quality item, not the Machine Mart tat. Which brands should I be looking at? Cheers,...
2
2

AWEM
Anyone heard of Andrew these seen him posting anywhere for ages. Mark.
9
9

Gear Cutting
Does anyone have a 14 DP No3 gear cutter for sale ? I would like to cut a 49t changewheel for my Colchester. I have a spare No2, 40 DP. Regards, Jim Lugsden
1
1

Monitoring motor temperature
Hoping someone can help on a little problem of mine !! I have a 2.2KW 3phase extractor fan motor which is bifurcated (inside seperate ducting within the flue). The fan motor is controlled by a...
5
5

Aladdins Cave for Sale
Sorry, bit long this, but bear with me on this one as I get around to explaining it. Popped up the road yesterday to see a friend and have a chat about this and that. Got talking about my little...
10
10

Milling a slot, with light equipment
Simple query, but interested to hear opinions. I only have a modest sized bench lathe with vertical table available for light milling. It works fine within its capabilities. I'm just nearing the end...
3
3

Cleaning cast alloy angine sump, pre TIG repair
Hello I am about to replace the engine in my car, which requires me to shorten the engines sump I have chopped off the required amount and would like to know if anyone knows of a good safe method of...
15
15

Machine sounds
Found this on another forum and thought it was amusing, then again it doesn't take much to amuse me. **************** The French Renault formula 1 team can make machines sing too. About 20 seconds...
8
8

Meddings Pillar Drill
meddings floor standing drill for sale. Very new. near Uxbridge, off the A40. See my ad for all the details. ads like this are allowed? I also have a bandfacer (a belt sander) Chris
7
7

Leadscrew Material
Hello, I'm going to have a go at making a new leadscrew for my milling machine - does anyone know what grade of steel I should make it out of? Cheers
5
5