Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Clarkson collet needed
I am looking for a 10mm Clarkson type S collet. If anyone has one spare I can swap with a 3/8th type S (Well it appears to be a 3/8th but its very tight up the hole) or a 10mm type C in perfect...
2
2

Beam Stirling?
Greetings from Perth (the one in Western Oz) I am new to this group, but not altogether new to model engineering, and I seek advice/recommendations. My wife, bless her, wants to buy me a kit of...
3
3

Inconel or other Jet nozzle materials
evening all, Ive got (yet another) project in planning. It will involve some small jet nozzles (about 1/4" or less) . They will be subjected to centrifugal force (disk of about 12 -18" dia doing a few...
8
8

Machining A Flywheel
Since you are all bored - PolyModels have sent me a very nice casting, a 9 and a bit inch flywheel for my stationary steam engine project (none of that Stuart Turner wimp stuff here). I don't want to...
19
19

Chronos purchases from overseas
Hi Just thought I would tell you guys about my mistake - a few months ago my wife went to see her parents in the UK (from South Africa) I seized the opportunity and ordered a load from Chronos and...
17
17

Zeroing dials - setting amount of friction 'hold'
Hi My small bench lathe (an Axminster BV20) has zeroing dials on the feeds. Most are Ok, except the one on the compound which was always very stiff. On examination, it looks fairly standard...
14
14

FA: Sykes Stud Screw Extractor
Hi there, An eBay item of note: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150216696387

Ba tap query
I recently bought a couple of 2BA taps as 2BA is used on my lathe in places. When I came to use them I noticed that they were actually marked 2BA x 4BA and in fact are 2BA diameter but 4BA thread....

Boxford Cross Slide
Still trying to refurbish the Boxford AUD. The Cross slide has several thou of movement, mainly in the middle of the travel. The entire slide including the leadscrew can be pulled backwards and...
5
5

A word of warning, was:- ER40 Backplate mounted chuck
this message | Find messages by this author I rang Chesters about these in January, was told that all their sales people were away because of the Ally Pally show. I was promised that someone would...
53
53

Colchester Student Lathe
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for a Colchester Student Lathe (6) they could e-mail me?
2
2

Pinging C Ping.
Charles,can you email me.I only have your old address. Mark.
1
1

Bit OT - TIG Welder pedals
I've got a Cebora TIG Inverter that I want to add a pedal to, but I grudge paying £180 (that's for one from Heliarc - I'm sure the genuine item was a good bit more) for something that doesn't get...
4
4

Syndanyo
Does anyone know a UK source for small quantities of Syndanyo board? Jim Hawkins
3
3

Key steel
Gentlemen, Can some one point me in the direction of 3mm square key steel or 3mm square Bowden cable please. Martin P
4
4