Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Raising blocks
Good day Gents. Do any of you know of a source for raising blocks to suit a Myford ML7? RDG used to have them but are out of stock. Cliff Coggin.
4
4

Bantam Bearing Adjustment
Hi, I'm looking for some guidance with the adjustment of new Gamet bearings in a Mk1 Colchester Bantam 1600. The manual states that you should pre-load the bearings to drop the spindle endfloat to...
23
23

Offered: 1-ton floor crane (engine hoist)
Harvey Frost 1-ton engine crane, Warrington area, not the folding type. Cheap if you can take it away in the next few days. I could deliver locally for a few extra beer vouchers. It's a good piece of...
8
8

Myford turret attachment
I saw this Myford turret attachment on ePay today. I wonder if anyone could enlighten me on the functionality of this, does the lever rotate the turret maybe? I have not seen this type before, only...
8
8

Whats the spindle taper on a Harrison M250 with D1-3 camlock spindle?
Whats the spindle taper on a Harrison M250 with D1-3 camlock spindle? Anybody know the specs? Thank You, Ed
1
1

Mill table accuracy
I thought out of idle curiosity I would measure the accuracy of my Warco A1S mill table now the mill has had a few years use and I thought it about time to adjust the gib strips. Over about 18"...
2
2

Metric sized Aluminium supplier
'noon all, I need some aluminium alloy 'strip' 2.5mm x 6mm. I cant find a supplier with it listed, most seem to only hold imperial measurements in this sort of size ( 1/16th, 1/8th and 1/4 inchs...)...
3
3

Milling Chamfer Tools
I was wondering in wood routing you get a range of chamfer tools with various radii. Is it possible to get similar cutters for a milling machine. I want to put a round chamfer on a piece of square...
9
9

Help with Myford chuck
I have just bought a used Myford and the 3 jaw chuck is missing one of the outside is a 4" chuck I think. I can't find a name on the chuck, the jaws have 838 stamped on them in addition to the number....
2
2

Threading question
This may sound a bit of a numb question,but.... I have just
24
24

HBM Lathe Chucks
Has anyone experience - good or bad - of HBM lathe chucks as sold by RDG? I'm considering getting a 3 - jaw one, but some of RDG's other offerings have been described as 'poor quality' by others (on a...

R&M Bearings for grinder
Does anyone know of an equivelent for a R&M bearing with the markings 25B42 and 21LUT25 that is fitted on the spindle of a center grinder I am restoring. The bearing is a single row anglar contact...
1
1

Medium Sized Milling Machine?
Hello again, I have been designing an building a small CNC 3 axis table type machine for cutting out model aircraft components from wood and foam. This got me thinking about getting a medium sized...
18
18

Bridgeport table drive parts
Apart from Bridgeport, is there any other supplier anyone can recommend for new brushes, brush cover/clamp scres and feed speed controller pot for the bridggy table drive motor. Bob
2
2

Thursday!
In another posting I said that ' it ' would be Thursday. Indeed, I was delighted to receive as a gift, another project from 'Deepest Dorset' and Chris Edwards. My sincerest thanks and as promised, I...