Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for etched metal specimens (or possibly conc. nitric acid)
Hi folks, I'm looking for a few etched specimens of common metals to photograph under a microscope. Preferably including one or two which show a microstructure which is visually pretty simple....
31
31

Thinking of selling a Tom Senior
Model M1 with vertical Morse taper 2 quill feed head, all single phase Same as post before this one, any interest ? Bob

RDG v G.H.Thomas dividing head
I've been comparing these two devices and cannot spot any real difference other than the RDG is cheaper and ready made and the Thomas one is a kit from Hemingway. Has anyone else got an opinion?
27
27

Thinking of selling my Myford
Having serious thoughts about upgrading from my ML7 now. Before I take some piccies and stick it up for sale in the usual places, any hint of interest here? Unilikely to be cheap though, as it was...
19
19

Cross slide, uneven wear.
OK, I've solved (more or less) the cross-feed, it's now got about 2 thou' backlash in the middle and pretty much zero at the ends, which is doubtless down to wear in the screw. The next thing to...
25
25

YOU ARE A ENGINEER :
YOU ARE A ENGINEER : LATEST TECHNOLOGY & FINANAICAL HELPING SEE & GET MORE INFORMATION TO YOUR BUSINESS .....................................................

WTB - Steady and follow rest for Harrison M250 lathe
WTB - Steady and follow rest for Harrison M250 lathe Hello, I'm looking for a steady and follow rest for a Harrison M250 lathe. Please email to Thanks, Ed

Girder with saw-tooth-shaped web
Does anyone still have a copy of the picture for the above test question that you could post somewhere? And if anyone still has a copy of the answer sheet Phill posted for this question, could you...

student mod
Been working on the crossfeed on the Student. Took it apart and studied the nut, which is about 40mm long and made of what seems to be bronze, it fits in a groove on the underside of the cross-slide,...
4
4

How to make a brass nameplate?
I need to make a brass nameplate with (not surprisingly) a name on it, but I don't have a CNC mill. Is it possible to use pcb etching techniques (use a Word processing package to print a master then...
6
6

BA latest update
British Airways are flying in their Chinese aircraft crash investigator to Heathrow. Mr Wat Wen Fu King Wong arrives tomorrow.. .
20
20

gas valve/tap
I know this is`nt model engineering but it`s to do with my workshop. I`m thinking of converting a propane bottle into a wood burning stove for my workshop. I need to take off the gas valve/tap on the...
29
29

Rivets
I'm looking for cheapish tooling for attaching semi-tubular rivets. They're to be used to join spring steel to polycarbonate or similar clear sheet, and will usually be 1/8 diameter with a nickel...
10
10

super adept lathe
I thought denizens here might be interested in this small lathe: by the marvellous non-original toolpost, the owner was a pretty good engineer. It is therefore interesting that a pretty good engineer...
13
13

differance between 14.5 and 20 degree Pressure angle gear cutters
Any one know how to tell the differance between 14.5 and 20 degree Pressure angle gear cutters, of the brown and sharpe pattern. I have some that are marked 14.5 PA some 20 and some no marks (all Mod...
4
4