Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help needed with making a special reamer
I need to make a special reamer, and any advice from the group would be much appreciated. I've been asked by a friend to ream the oilite bushes to size in the rear suspension arms of a classic Mini...
8
8

Computer power usage
I also noticed that some suppliers are shipping laptops/PCs with XP as Vista seams to be unpopular. I would think that XP is a better optoin. Chris.
40
40

Pulley problems
Bore the pulley out and put in a steel insert with a small flange on one end to locate it, you can locktite if you wish, then get the pulley running true in the 4 jaw and bore for the shaft, finallly...
3
3

A Nice Video from a Workshop
"amazing" comes close; there is obviously a need ?
12
12

Small vibratory machine
Unlike most in this country, English is my first language. I also know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so take note. Whilst this newsgroup has some clever and informative people, along with...
49
49

What I did in the holidays.....
To take you away from all the conspiracy crap I had a little fun over Christmas (BTW the crap is filtered out by my news server so I don't even need the rules - I had a look on Google groups and was...
12
12

Marlow milling machine
Hello All, I've just bought a Marlow vertical milling machine in need o restoring, searching the net I came across this site and your mention of the said machine. Could any one out there help me out...
3
3

Laser Cutting
Try We’re a laser cutting company that offers UV flatbed printing, plastic fabrication, laser cutting & engraving services. Find out more here.
18
18

Denford Viceroy change gear charts
The Screwcutting/Surfacing selector lables on my Denford Viceroy refer to Charts 151 and 155 for changewheel selection. Does anyone have any copies of these charts that I can have access to? This is a...

Lathe recondition?
I am coming to the end of the stripdown of my recent purchase (Denford Viceroy). I have determined all of the bits that need tickling, fixing and making. Nothing too terrible, two missing teeth on...
6
6

Wanted any PRACTICAL solution to liquid fuel reactor(rocket) motors
Wanted any PRACTICAL solutions to liquid fuel reactor(rocket) motors MAJOR requirement fairly cheap and cheerfull even at the risk of muc lowwer power outputs The project so far attach a suitable 4 to...
2
2

Dividing Head Spindle
I've got a Richmond dividing head with a 1 13/16" x 12 tpi spindle that is bored 4 MT. Given that none of my chucks or collets have either of those dimensions I was considering making/adapting a...
2
2

Spring Steel
"Kevin" schreef in bericht news: Are they not applied in womens corsettes?
5
5

Merry somethingorother
All the best of the season to everyone on this NG! Steve R.

40, 30&22mm brushless outrunner motor kits available
Goedendag ;-) Scorpion's 40mm statorsize brushless outrunner kits are available, also in 22 and 30mm, and as high-speed versions: can ask (=Lucien Miller) motor suggestions, questions and give him...
1
1