Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

10 BA (or 1.7mm) Countersunk Steel Screws?
We can in most cases help with many BA Screws. Modern Screws Ltd. Bexley, Kent 01322-553224
8
8

CNC milling instead of brass etching.
Is it possible, or reasonable, to use a CNC mill to create the fold lines and cut the outlines of parts in brass sheet, rather than the usual method of part and full etching ? John.
3
3

elliott, victoria manual
Hi, Im new to this forum and in need of some help does anyone have a elliott victoria 00 (juniormil) or Onmimil milling machine manual, that they could possiably send me, im finding it very hard to...

Interesting CNC Review
Sieg KX3 CNC Mill
3
3

Gear hob sought
I am on the lookout for a 38dp gear hob suitable for cutting a rack that's about an inch long, in one pass. I'm not overly conversant with gear or rack cutting, so please excuse any obvious error in...
15
15

Lorch 6mm Clock Lathe
I've just acquired one of these. There seems to be a shortfall in the tailstock accessories. A double ended (male/female) centre is supplied, but it is slightly too small in diameter to be clamped in...
4
4

Myford ML7 clutch
Hi, I have just joined, so I am not sure if I am on the right part of th site, for this question. Anyway, I have recently bought an old Myford ML7. It was in reasonabl condition; just requiring...
19
19

Submit your tip! - $250 Award - "Machine Shop Trade Secrets"
I thought members of the designing/machining community might be interested in hearing about the $250 "Machine Shop Trade Secrets" Award presented by ProShop Publishing ... are currently accepting user...
12
12

Expected accuracy from home-built clock?
I have just completed my first clock, a simple non-fusee, recoil escapement, timepiece to a design by Colin the initial euphoria that it actually worked, and ran for 8 days at a winding, I have got...
4
4

Dismantling mill and lathe for transport
I'm toying with the idea of dismantling my Bridgeport clone and Mk1 Student so they can be moved in a van rather than pay someone with a Hiab. Obviously it's a fair amount of messing about but...
19
19

XO mill modification
I want to prevent the head of my Sieg X0 mill rotating on its round column so I wonder if it is possible to successfully modify it. I plan to get a keyway 8 mm deep by 10 mm wide cut in the column,...
11
11

How to remove the Apron from a Boxford AUD?
I am trying to remove the Apron from a Boxford AUD with the Norto GearBox. I don't have a manual, but a copy of the Boxford 'Know your Lathe'. All the advice says its very simple but doesn't tell you...
10
10

Chinese scales
Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap 150mm Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are...
8
8

Dial Indicator Lubrication
A question for clockmakers. I have a .002mm per division Dial Indicator that seems a bit sticky. What is the best way to clean and lubricate it? Can I use miniscule amounts of "3 in 1" on the pivots...
2
2

An Electric Car Conversion Kit Will Not Affect Your Cars Speed Or Pick-Up
We are in these present times facing twin threats that are changes in the environment and also possible shortages of fuels that we use to drive our automobiles, and with the cost of fuel also...