Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Christen drill grinder/sharpener?
Anyone know where I can get a set of instructions for the above, looks very much the same as this:- The only web page that I've found so far which ought to be relevant is that just comes up blank for...
10
10

Alternatives To Piano Wire
Hi I'm looking to source a replacement for the piano wire that I currentl use for making drive systems for model powerboats. My requirements would be 0.063" and 0.078" diameters (or nearest metri...
13
13

Free Drills
I was recently given near 50 drills. All a bit rusty but I have electrolytically cleaned them up. MT1, 2 and 3 taper sizes from approx 1/2 inch to 1 1/4 inch mainly in 64th sizes. Not in perfect...
16
16

Protective finish for Chess Pieces
I'm sorry if this isn't the right group for me to ask this question but it looked like it, so I hope no one minds! I bought some chess pieces in Greece many years ago and they seem to be made of brass...
3
3

M15 messages
Hi All I have not been a member on this group for long but am going to unsubscribe, I can't do with the rubbish which starts with M15, is there no way of blocking this rubbish. Derek Tuckey
8
8

Making Oil filler plugs on small IC engine
I need to make a couple of brass filer plugs, the threaded part is 3mm standard pitch. One will screw into a 4mm ally plate and the other a 3m ally plate. How do I manage to thread right up to the...
5
5

Moron conspiracy theorists
Is there any way to block posts from this irritant? I know I should not post while angry, but I would gladly drop kick this particular oxygen thief off the nearest available cliff. and relax! cheers,...
4
4

De-rating 3 phase inverters - final result
I've now got this sorted. I now have a single phase 240-415 transformer feeding a 10HP 3phase 415volt inverter (the extra input is just linked in). It's *only just* happy starting the 3HP motor on my...
20
20

Urgent Help on 3 phase
Hi all. Hope someone can help a.s.a.p. Somewhile ago, I bought a motor controller for an industrial fan. The fan motor is brand new, 3 phase, dual voltage, 2.2kw, and wired in star configuration. What...
5
5

REHMANN TIG welders
hi you would not be able to weld alli as these welders are only dc and you need ac to weld alli gas is argon url:
9
9

Welding Gas
Hi Anyone got any suggestions on best (cheapest) supplier for oxygen and acetylene. Just got my bill for the next five years from BOC, don't think I can justify the cost for the amount I use. It's...
25
25

Micro mills
Can anyone provide me the contact details for J&B tools please. I need some micro end mills 0.032" or a few thou close to it. Send details direct rather than post on list please. Alan

Exam question assistance please
Could someone tell me the correct answer to this test question please. Sorry about the poor picture quality. Question is "Which girder will take the most weight, A. Equilateral angles, B. Obtuse...
70
70

Machining Nylon
Hello Guys, What is the best way to get a smooth finish on nylon bar. I'm machinin down to 32mm diameter, but need a polished finish. Any suggestions? Thanks, Garth -- DR_...
13
13

questions about Clark CL500M lathe/miller
Hi I have recently brought a Clark CL500M combined lathe and miller (yes I realise it has some limitations, but its only for light use in my garage..) my problem is that it is in bits! I have managed...
2
2