Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

De-magnetising
I have managed to slightly magnetise a rather expensive digital caliper, despite the metal parts being stainless steel, which is causing havoc with all measurements when tiny pieces of swarf are...
12
12

BCA ER20 spindle
I'm thinking of making a new spindle for my BCA milling machine, to accept ER20 collets. Would anyone be interested in buying one, complete with new bronze bearings, shells, adjustment nuts, and...
2
2

Headstock centre for Harrison 140
Is it possible to buy headstock centers for a Harrison 140?
1
1

What is the proper name for...
...the clamping arrangement that myford use to lock the tailstock barrel. Sort of split cotter thing. TIA Bob
2
2

Runout on ER25Collet??
Guys, Regarding the collet runout problems I've been having: I decided (as suggested) to re-machine the cone on the chuck myself. After carefully cleaning everything, and setting up the topslide angle...
18
18

Part built Rob Roy for sale
I selling my dads part built 3 1/2" Rob Roy. Full set of castings, boiler built, chassis started. Can email photos. We were thinking about £400 for the lot. Gotta be worth this as the cylinder...
1
1

Fabco Star bench pillar drill and conduit bender for sale
I'm rearranging my garage and so need to get rid of some stuff: Fabco Star bench mount pillar drill. Looks about 40 years old, well used - missing the table but as it's a bench mounted version it's...
1
1

5c collett 5/8 16 mm
Hello, I do have a set of 16 imperial 5C colletts, now I want to get hold of a few metric. 5/8 is 15,9 mm is it ok to use it with 16 mm and 5/16 is 7,9 mm can I use it for 8 mm or is it a bad way to...
1
1

Any opinions on HBM chucks....?
Hi all. Anyone have any opinions, good or bad, on HBM brand chucks ? Was thinking of buying one from RDGTools for my Myford ML10 ( with the pre-mounted backplate...), mostly due to the reasonable...
4
4

tiny brush springs
Morning all, Does anyone know of a supplier of the small (berilium-copper?) springs used to push little DC electric motor brushes onto the comutator? It a project in the early stages, but I cant see...
3
3

Small slitting saws
Do they make small, about 10mm dia, slitting saws, or is there something else like that with a different name? Any idea where to buy them? Ta, -- Peter Fairbrother
4
4

Workshop floor - Wood or concrete
I am looking to build a workshop, but I am uncertain if I will build a concrete base, with 3 courses of bricks then a wooden frame/roof, or a concrete pad with a good shed type building (with wooden...
35
35

"The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley
I ran across the subject title today and wonder if one of you gents had contact information on this that you could provide. From what I understand, the gent self publishes a book on diy air rifle...
23
23

brierley drill sharpening machine ZB25 MANUAL
We have just purchased a Brierley drill sharpening machine, model ZB25 serial no. 20D7651125. It is in good condition. Our question is: Would there be a operating instruction manual. Regards Jack...
2
2

Macc Model Eng. Supplies
Does anyone on here have any dealings with Macc Model Eng. Supplies of Macclesfield. Normally their service is first class but a recent purchase hasn't arrived, telephone, e-mails or Fax not being...
10
10