Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RPM reading
Hi, is anyone out there who can give a me some advise about a (simple) device to read the spindle speed of my S7 , driven by a VFD. Continously I mean. Novice
14
14

Indicator plug
I often forget to turn off my electric soldering iron when I leave the workshop. Quite apart from the waste of power I am worried about the fire risk, so I have been looking for a plug fitted with an...
12
12

Acme screws
Hi all. I am looking for a supplier of budget priced Acme/ Trapezoidal style ball screws up to 2 metres in length in the ideas. Many thanks
3
3

Worst paint job
Have at look at this, must hurt your eyes if using it for long periods Ebay Item number: 160171374467 (don't worry AWEM I'm not buying, only browsing) Bob
7
7

Questions about 23 inch standard racks
I need to design a 23 inch standard cabinet. But I don't know which standard should the rack follows. Someone tell me it just use the 585 mm panel stated in IEC 917, is it right? If not, which...
1
1

Drills for 316?
I need to drill 2.5mm dia. holes 20mm deep in 316 stainless steel. Will ordinary HSS drills be okay, or is there a better type of drill ? Jim Hawkins
3
3

Non Urgent Transport panic
morning all, Slightly OT, but it is metal Im shipping... Its not as urgent as Andrews was, but I need to ship a crate that weighs about 75Kg to Sweden (I hate Ebay!). I can't find anyone who accepts...
4
4

Soft centres...
Ok, let's start off by admitting that I'm not in the best of moods:- 1) The "heavy duty" Hilti breaker that I hired this morning wouldn't break through the crust of an apple crumble, let alone the 5"...
17
17

30 hp 3 phase motor
I have a large 3 phase 22kw electric motor which I cannot use in my single phase or 3kw 3 phase workshop. Does anyone know how much this would be worth if I advertised it locally, it is Crompton...

IME Watchmakers lathe eBay item 250178741171
Hi Chaps, I'm auctioning my IME 8mm watchmakers lathe on eBay. The item number is 250178741171 and I've attached the auction blurb below if anyone's interested. The starting price is =A3150 withno...
2
2

Urgent Transport Panic!!!
Does anyone have phone numbers for a private operator machine shifter based SE London or East Sussex equipped with a hi-ab equipped flat bed (about 20 foot bed length) capable of lifting 2.5 tons...
26
26

Oilite bushes
Having carefully installed new Oilite bushes in the apron of my Myford ML7 lathe, I belatedly wonder if I should have impregnated them with oil first. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Will oil soak into...
2
2

FNK25 Works :) finished my first project.
Evening All, Just a little update on my milling machine saga, Ive just finished my first milling project, so I thought Id post a couple of pics: Shiny: case you havent guessed, or can't see the photos...
5
5

Engineering Tourism in Cornwall?
With half-term coming up, a week down in the west country is on the cards with SWMBO and kids. In between the inevitable ice ceams and amusements and historical tourism, are there any ME or other...
15
15

Does anyone sell Kwik-Poly in the UK?
A friend needs a good petrol tank sealer & would like to use the USA made product "Kwik-Poly". Can it be bought anywhere in the UK? TIA
1
1