Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nice family house...
...three bedrooms, oak beams etc., comes complete with fully equipped workshop and mineshaft...a snip at £300,000-350,000: takers? Regards, Tony
10
10

Rivet setting
Looking for a quick and easy solution of fixing many plates to the ends of steel supports of assemblies I produce, I have considered the use of rivet snaps to dome the head of said support (reduced...
17
17

FYI-Murad Bormilathe on Ebay
Item number: 120172119833
9
9

OT - But engineering related at least!
Posted here where I'm more confident of an engineering debate than car forums where there seems little understanding or the ability to express an argument in words. I have a Ford Cmax and amongst the...
18
18

HP Desktop for sale!
Hi, I have an unused HP Pavilion with the fallowing specs: # Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz, 2000MT/s System Bus) # Memory: 2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x1GB) (expandable to 8 GB (4...

De-rating 3 phase inverters - Update
Following on from my query about this I picked up a cheap 5HP 3 phase 400-440v inverter. Wired it in to the "real" output of the Transwave transformer (ie single phase 415volt-ish). Looped the 3rd...
3
3

OT - We did it Again
4 years of losing, and then we beat France to make the final again. Roll on 8 O'clock next Sunday. Peter
13
13

Model engionering club near Windsor?
Is there one?
6
6

Fabco Star piller drill and conduit bender for sale
Hi all, I have a Fabco Star bench standing piller drill (240V single phase) and conduit bender for sale. Conduit bender is good working order and comes with two former wheels for 20mm and 30mm tube....

New lathes or old
I have been quite happy with my Super 7 for over 20 years, but recently have been doing more larger jobs, and am thinking of getting a larger lathe, something of 6 to 6.5" centre height. I have been...
9
9

Cutting oil and wet&dry vacs
As I suspect many of you do, I use a wet & dry vacuum cleaner for cleaning up swarf from machinery, benches (and everywhere else!). I have been using it a lot lately with some very oily swarf, and...
4
4

Auction
May be of interest Near(ish) to Myfords

Friday night special !!!
As is the norm with machinery life, wait till it's last thing on a Friday, and then stop working, knowing full well you are needed to work hard on Saturday !!! Hopefully the blighter has gone on...
16
16

8mm x 1mm pitch left hand tap
Does anyone have the above tap for sale, i need to make some fitting for my Unimat lathe, Dav -- DCree ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DCreed's Profile: this...
3
3

Midlands Show
If anyone is going to the show Friday please tell us what we can look forward to
17
17