Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Drawings for a 5" gauge Prairie.
Hi, first a bit of background, I've just inherited my fathers steam engines (5" Butch, %" Southern River "K" class tank & a 3 1/5 inch GWR County) along with these completed locos are the frames...

Common Purpose UK
Hi Listers, i know this is off topic but it might awaken some peopl with a little old fashioned English backbone to wake up and see wha the EU is up to. I have just watched a talk by an ex submariner...
12
12

Offered: Oxy-Acetylene torch setup
Selling my Offered: Oxy-Acetylene torch setup that I bought new about twenty years ago. Hardly used. Comes with small (about 24" empty Oxygen bottle). Includes guages, flash arrestors, goggles, spark...

1.370" X 24TPI Tap
Anyone got a spare cycle bottom bracket tap they want to sell, RH and LH wanted if possible. No2 Son is playing with bikes and getting threads crossed.... Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden,...
16
16

Drummond Round Bed
Hello all you clever peeps, I'd like to pick the collective wisdom: Does anyone know what thread is on a Drummond round bed spindle nose? I have acquired a 4 1/2" 4 jaw chuck from that eBay, and now...
3
3

Pinging - Chris Edwards
Chris Daughter has just reported trouble with BT (how unusual) pony express. With Warwick in mind please let me know if you don't receive my grateful thank you and groveling apology. If not I'll send...
1
1

Cheapie CAD program - advice please
I've recently acquired a new PC running Vista, and my old version of TurboCAD-7 won't run despite applying several of the so-called fixes. Does anyone know of a cheap basic 2D CAD program that will...
9
9

Shaping Machine
Anyone looking for a shaping machine New Alba 1A Shaping Machine on eBay 120169587565
3
3

For sale: Propane brazing torches lot : cheap
For sale: Propane brazing torches (Bullfinch, Sievert) from 1" to 2" with various burner ends and a full small propane bottle and a regulator. Used to braze model engine boilers years ago by my dad....

Hoo-Blooming-Ray - at last !!!
Well it's been a long time coming, but at last contracts have been exchanged and the Mawson circus rolls on 29th of this month. Oh boy what a palaver! We are number seven in a chain of nine, and...
21
21

Auction
Here`s one for the clockmakers. http://www.goindustry.com/en/auctions/charles-frodsham-and-co-ltd-equipment-list.asp?SaleID=7707

Heads up UK show
This coming weekend, starts Friday the 12th and runs thru until Tuesday the 16th, so a whole 5 days to get you to part with money :D Location is at TEE Publishing's Midlands Showground at Leamington...
24
24

High quality small milling machine
I have a small Mkron (Swiss) universal milling machine which I hav owned for nearly 40 years. The quality of this is absolutely amazing it has a table 15x5 inches with power feed the heads can be...
5
5

Heidenhain tape deck
I'm trying to print out a program that has been saved on an old Heidenhain ME 101 cassette tape deck. Whilst everything works fine with the operation of the tape deck, despite connecting direct to the...
2
2

Centec 2B horizontal milling machine
Gentlemen, At the moment this is only curiosity, tomorrow I am collecting a Centec 2B horizontal mill for my workshop and I am wondering if anyone knows of a vertical head attachment that maybe...
9
9