Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Really Thin Washers
Just on the final straight of finishing a Stuart Models Victoria. I've been pondering why these models don't use washer in some pretty key places - like the cylinder end caps. If you use a standard...
12
12

1/2" Whit X 1-1/2" Long Square Head Setscrews needed Urgently
Has anyone got one or two of these that they could post today to reach us for tomorrow? Happy to pay for Special delivery postage. One of our friends in the USA has just asked if we can bring one over...
2
2

Things You Should Know About Machine Shop
This made me laugh a lot, but beware that it ticks all the racist/sexist/non-PC boxes Alan --- news:// - complaints: ---

Lost Wax CTE?
A long shot possible, but does anyone know the CTE for lost wax casting wax? cheers Dave
5
5

10mm x 1.25mm tap
Anyone got one, preferably a second tap rather than a bottoming, I can borrow for 5 minutes? I've got an oddball thread in a cylinder head I need to clean out and having failed to realise it was not a...
8
8

Machine enamels - any recommendations?
Knowing what practical sorts are likely to visit this group, I'd like recommendations for paint for my new project, a Holbrook Model C lathe - originally it was a shade of Institutional Green, which I...
25
25

How would you make that.
OK. A "how would you make that" question. I'm looking at 2 or 3 of each part. Item one is a plate, 2.5" diameter, that fits on a taper drive and has the rather odd 6, 1/4" round buttons on the face....
21
21

Ceramic Chip Forge
A month or so ago I bought a very nice Flamefast ceramic chip forge from a very nice chap. With it came a bag of "ceramic chips" (in an old sack sealed with a cable tie). When I opened the bag today I...
7
7

Acetone
Do not forget, if visiting France this year, that Acetone is freely available in most supermarkets and definitely in a "Bricolage". I have just come back with 5 litres for ?14.?? plus a litre for a...
10
10

m14 x 0,5 drill
Anyone know what size of tapping drill I would need for the above thread (it's pretty non-standard, and not in my tables), and where to get one? Thanks -- Peter Fairbrother
6
6

Raglan Little John Fixed Steady
Does anyone have a fixed steady for the Raglan LG or just the frame they are willing to part with? if so a price and a picture would be appreciated.

7 1/4 Gauge Duchess Injector Details
Does anyone know what number injector should be fitted to a Duchess 7 1/4 gauge loco & what size ball is fitted in it. Also water consumption details would be helpful. Many thanks.

reasonable metric tap and die set?
Can anyone recommend a tap and die set that isn't made of cheese, but (also) isn't full blown top of the range pro standard (dormer, etc). I want it for (very) occasional use, mainly on bicycles....
18
18

medw.co.uk down
I've been having problems with the main server at 1&1 and set up a reimage last night, which has failed, so I think that may indicate a slightly bigger problem on that machine :( Hopefully the machine...

Loco look a likes
A member in our club as made a 0-6-0 tack loco and is going to paint it blue with a Number 1 on and a Thomas face he has made. Now another member as told him that he could be heading for trouble as...
11
11