Best Rated threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting metric threads on an imperial lathe
I'm pondering lathes ... I started out thinking about a new Warco machine, but have now moved on to thinking about secondhand Super-7s. Any Super7 I find is likely (I suspect) to be an imperial...
16
16

Centec 2A
I'm looking for a Centec 2A with vertical attachment - anyone looking t sell? I've tried the web and drawn a blank. Cheers Mat -- Myford Mat...
35
35

Homemade CDI
34
34

New Project Atlas Bearing Replacement
Just planning to move on to the next "clearout" project and need some advice if possible. I have had an old Atlas 10f under the bench for 10+ years and have decided that it is time to fix it or throw...
27
27

R8 Taper socket dimensions?
Has anyone got the correct socket dimensions into which an R8 collet would sit please? This is the female socket, not the collect itself. John S was able to point me to a source for the R8 collect,...
20
20

Any body have copies of Chris Heapy's project pages ???
Hi His site was one of my favourites buts its gone now and there are so many things I still wanted to read there - any body have a copy of his projects and info. Does anybody know what happened ?? Tim
8
8

What do you think of this Hyundai lathe ?
This Hyundai lathe seems to be a little less than I would pay for a good Super 7. although the postage is 100 quid ! is it likely to be any good ? I have heard some bad stories about the quality of...
10
10

Converting BT30 to QC30
I have an idea there was some discussion touching on this a while ago (Andrew?), but can't find it by looking back. I've just successfully modified a BT30/ER32 collet chuck to be close enough to QC30...
5
5

Fritz Werner 2.210 Universal Mill
Hey Wayne, I dont suppose your friend ever found a manual for this machine. all the best..mark MESSAGE BELOW POSTED WAAAAAY BACK ON - Mar 8 1997, IN , [b]"Maybe someone here can help a friend of mine...

Real Bridgeport or Warco
Hello All I have read similar topics over the last few months, I am considering whether to buy a genuine Bridgeport....second hand of course, or to go the new route of a Warco VMC. I have been...
5
5

Tufnol for springs
Strictly speaking, "Tufnol for dummy spring leaves". A Google search has thrown up only one reference for pre-forming Tufnol strip for use as (effectively) inert padding between the working steel (or...
2
2

B&Q Linisher?
B&Q have a unit consisting of a disk sander together with a linisher-type belt, for about £67. Anybody used one of these for metal working?
1
1

Installing Chinese Mill/Drill
As a novice I'm finding the instructions a bit complicated. Can someone with more experience that I please explain the following sentence: "It is tighten the same time to fix the head if drilling and...
13
13

LH threads on a Warco BV20
I have a Warco BV20 lathe. This does not cut LH treads. I notice that Axminster also sell a lathe also called a BV20 and as far as I can tell from a close inspection of the manual it is identical to...

A New Modelling Forum
Folks, I have just launched a new modelling forum and you are invited to take a closer look. Unlike other forums this one is going to be different! One of the things we will be doing is to run three...
19
19

Pacera vs Kerry drill. Any preference?
I've got one and half pillar drills in pieces here from which I need to assemble one complete working drill. There's a head and short pillar from a Pacera and a virtually complete Kerry with a...
5
5

[SOLVED] Dremel spindle thread size - Imperial or Metric?
Hi, Does anyone have a Dremel multitool, and could they tell me the length/diameter/pitch of the spindle thread? It may be imperial as these things are American, and around 7mm/0.275" dia. Reason is,...
4
4

Identifying a mystery Clarke CMD300 collet
Hi there, I've got a Clarke CMD300 milling machine and the matching mill chuck set (). Now I find myself in need of a few extra collets - while my Dormer end mills are all 6mm shank, I have a couple...
9
9

Minor Diameter calculation
Many years ago my father used an equation to find the minor diameter of a thread. Unfortunately I have forgotten it and my father is no longer around to ask. I have looked at various equations,...
4
4

Tripan lathe tool holder dovetail specs
Does any one have the specs for the 231 tripan dovetail only I trying to get more holders of a 3rd party supplier I think they are the same as fitted on the colchester master Thanks Andrew Bishop
3
3