Best Rated threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dual speed motor wiring
I am rewiring a Mec Brown 415v dual speed cold saw, replacing the speed change switch, and the Pedrazolli wiring diagram that came with the new switch doesn't work !!! One speed works ok, the other...
3
3

Sensitive drill press
I've been looking for a sensitive drill press for ages to use in m hobby of clock making, the FEW i've seen are all 3 phase and the moto an integral part of the machine (so a motor change is not on),...
13
13

Cosmo welder
I am just wondering if anyone here can help with a copy of the user manual for a Cosmo 145 gas/nogas MIG type welder. I believe it may be a SIP welder under another name. Costs covered. Cheers Adrian

40G 1/8" thread ?
Hi Folks I need to cut a filter thread into a 1.25" telescope eyepiece barrel with 1" I.D. and from my thread gauge its Whitworth 40G 1/8". I have one of the little Warco mini lathes but its metric...
5
5

Colchester Change Gears
Hi All, I've been asked if I can make 3 gears (2 30T & a 60T) for a Colchester Lathe (no model yet specified) but since I don't have a Colchester I have no way (other than by reference to this group)...
6
6

Solid Works. 3D design
Hi, Does any company or employee in the southeast of England eg Kent,Sussex,Surrey,Essex have a requirement for SolidWorks 3D design. This is a massive tool for designing anything from a resistor to a...
27
27

Tool and cutter grinders
The recent discussion of HSS versus replaceable tip TC tools has reminded me that it is long past time I got myself a decent T&C grinder. Some time ago, I was quite tempted by the thought of building...
19
19

Tchibo digital slide calliper £12
For those of us who suffer hours of being dragged around shops, look out for an excellent 6 inch digital slide calliper ( Digital vernier to most of us, except the purists ) for a bargain £12. Large...
2
2

Oil Guns
What's the difference between oil guns & grease guns. Or, put another way, what's to stop me taking the grease out of my tecalamit pump grease gun and filling it with oil to oil the ways on my milling...
6
6

WTD: Tripan-holders #131, #132 and #134
Hi I want to trade three Tripan-QC tool holders. One #131 (plain tool holder) One #132 (30° tool holder) One #134 (for a part-off blade. It's marked A0, but the Komet A0 blades do *not* fit. The slot...
1
1

Jaguar Cub inverter fault?
The inverter on the vertical head on my Elliott mill has just stopped playing. The display keeps showing '0.0A', which I can't find anywhere in the manual, or OC1 or OC2 (overcurrent codes) when I try...
6
6

Do I need a plasma cutter?
Hi all, Got a couple of pennies burning a hole in my pocket, and was thinking: how much do I need a plasma cutter? So I'm asking the gurus: you peeps. I do basic metal-working, just learning and for...
17
17

Stuart Turner boiler heat insulation - replace??
I have a large ST 504 boiler I'm in the process of tidying. Inside the side plates there's a 1/8" sheet of light-grey/off-white heat insulation. Is this likely to contain anything I shouldn't be...
3
3

arboga pilllar drill
hi am looking for information on the arboga e100s pillar drill, have searched the internet for a manual, or a service manual. hopefully somebody may have a copy i can borrow or buy for beer tokens !!!...
3
3

Spindle taper on my Richmond milling machine
Hi, Some time ago i aquired a small richmond horizontal milling machine. do not know which model but it has a round overarm. Now that i have workshop to fit it in, i have started to restore it. I was...
7
7

Santon Switch Knobs
Following a post on the Model Engineering Sales/Wants site, we find that we have some new Santon Switch knobs in amongst some other parts. Picture at: diameter is 1.5" overall length is 2.1". Drive is...

Myford Super 7
I am currently selling my Myford Super 7 lathe on ebay, the auction still has 9 days to run as I only listed it last night. You can see the listing along with photos here for the right offer I would...

Stent Tool and Cutter Grinder - Magazine Article
Has anyone access to the original (Model Engineers Workshop) magazine article on the Stent grinder and could run me off either a scan or a copy? Is there a mail list for builders of the Stent such as...
2
2

Pressure oiler?
I'm sure this question has come up before, so hopefully someone has the answer. I need a pressure *oil* gun to use with standard 'hydraulic' type grease nipples. I bought a 'Reilang' (?) oiler at one...
29
29

Combined Lathe / Mill
We are currently looking at combined lathe / milling machine. The Clarke CL500M / Warco (seems to be the same machine as the clarke wearing different clothes). Also seen the Chester Model B Super....
9
9