BT Internet problems

Anybody else on BT having problems with web browsing? Started early this morning and currently I can't get into a number of sites.

I 'THINK' there service line is reporting that there is a problem, but I'd like confirmation as I can't convince myself that it's not the Belkin box this end :(

email and newsgroups seem to be fine so I don't think it's my end ;)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Could I suggest these "BT subscribers" newsgroups may be of help? bt.broadband.support bt.internet.users.broadband.technical bt.broadband.announce

Pete

Reply to
PeterK

I could if I could see them ;) Looks like it's their end and affecting more than just website access. I've not been able to get to their on-line service reports only the 'telephone line' one and the news groups are just timing out without displaying messages. While this newsgroup is fine :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

BT are having problems just now. We have a few of our customers who use BT reporting connection problems. Something about a worm in their network was mentioned.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

Things seem better now.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

My BT broadband at home and at work is ok.The recorded announcement on

0800 169 0199 is ok as well. Mark.
Reply to
mark

Yep bounced back to life finally. Apparently on BUSINESS Broadband customers were affected :( Traffic *TO* MEDW did not seem to be affected for other users.

Reply to
Lester Caine

There was a problem earlier this morning, seemed to have cleared by about 10am.

We are on BT at home and at the factory.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

Not here, it affected home as well. Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

Well they have not reported the fault existed until 10:45, but I was messed up when I tried to get in at 6AM. It would be nice if they were a little prompter admitting to problems, and perhaps actually closed the report with a note as to WHAT the problem was? Seems fine again now though.

Reply to
Lester Caine

Could it be a DNS problem? I've had similar issues with Demon on and off. Adding the IP address of a public DNS server (eg

) to my router seems to have helped.

Reply to
John Montrose

I'd tried that one earlier yesterday without success :( As I said - it would be nice to know WHAT the problem was but at least now everything is fine again ( and I can now see the BT newsgroups which just had the usual crap :( )

Reply to
Lester Caine

I'n not with BT but had a telephone call from them today asking if I was satisfied with my current provider. When I said I was the caller said that's fine our recent changes will not affect you then and rang off. I wondered what they were but now I think I know.

Reply to
Dystopia