Non Ferrous foundry recommendations

All

Can anyone recommend a decent foundry for Al-Alloy Sandcastings? Can be anywhere in the UK.

I do a lot of work for a vintage car spares company, and just about blew my top the other day over castings he's provided for machining which have so many pockets of sand included for free! The extra charges for shagged out cutters is getting silly!

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Yep. Hadleigh Castings are 1/2 mile up the road from me in Suffolk, have a very preofessional setup and do some rather nice work.

I've also done some work with Norse Precision Castings in Bedford, although more on their rigid PU operation rather than the casting side.

They did relocate half the business out to eastern Europe last year due to some environmental issues, but still have a quite good, although smaller facility.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I assume you mean they're allowed to emit shit there but not here?

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Something like that. Local council told them they had to install £100K worth of fume scrubbing equipment or somesuch, which the business couldn't quite afford. Started moving the lines out, then halfway through the move with 2 casting lines already out there, the council said 'Whoops! - actually your output is well under the limit, and you don't really need it...

So now they have 2 sites.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Jeez. I'm in favour of not trashing the planet.

I'm against incompetent people enforcing important laws badly.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear