retransmission de message

Bonjour à tous,
J'ai lu ce message sur rec.aviation.homebuilt Ce moteur est peut être utilisable sur un (très) gros modèle.
--------------- Message transmis (début)
Sujet: Lawrance 5 Cyl. Mini-Radial Engines
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 02:43:15 +0100 Forums: rec.aviation.homebuilt
I have a couple of Lawrance 5 cylinder mini radials. They were used as the APU electrical generator engine for the B-29 bomber, and perhaps for other ground power applications. They're about 24-30 inches in diameter, and weigh 60 or 80 pounds approx.
They are cute as hell, and look like half size Kinner engines. 37 horsepower, designation Lawrance B-75 I believe. Some people call them Lawrence radial engines but I believe it's Lawrance.
I know for a fact that the Lawrance radial has been used on more than one light experimental aircraft over the years. I also know that they need some adjustment and work to be usable for an airplane, including re-routing the oil pickup and perhaps thrust capable bearings.
There is one engine that is fairly complete, including two 5 cyl mags and a Stromberg carburetor. There is another set of crankcases, six or seven cylinders, and boxes of parts, valves, etc. Although it is possible you might be able to make two engines out of this, it is more likely that you can use this "lot" to build and one engine and keep it maintained and running on an airplane. YES, I'm going to go out and take pictures and inventory... sometime soon when it's convenient.
These MAY wind up on eBay, I have them on Barnstormers now too. But to be honest I might do better trading them rather than asking for a cash sale. I am not sure what the cash value is anyway. So I am looking for trade offers first, and eBay will be my fallback position.
I am interested in:
Sailplanes and gliders Some single seat experimental airplanes/projects Continental C85 / 90 / O-200 engines and crankshafts Geo Metro / Raven auto engine conversions Geo Metro decent 3 cyl. running car
Anyone seriously interested in speaking with me about these engines, I'll be glad to discuss trades with you. Again, I have NOT YET decided whether these things are worth a dollar or ten thousand dollars yet on a straight cash sale. Offers are welcome but trades interest me equally or more.
Bill Berle victorbravo { at) sbcglobal )dot} net 818- seven zero one - 6801
--------------- Message transmis (fin)
--
Volem rien foutre al païs!
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬