Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

water based hydrophobic coating
water based hydrophobic coating Neoguard - multi-purpose water based hydrophobic coating ( Neoguard (odorless and colorless) is a revolutionary new hydrophobic coating suitable for waterproofing and...

Removing polymer from test tubes
Hi, I have been synthesizing PMMA from MMA with benzoin methyl ether in some glass test tubes and was wondering if anyone knew how I can remove the PMMA once polymerization is complete. Cheers
3
3

hand-operated device to measure the velocity of single capillary in polyester melt spinning
Hello, I need to buy a hand-operated device to measure the velocity of single capillary in polyester melt spinning in the speed range 100 - 7000 mt/1' Thanks in advance for every information

polymer viscosity
Hello, What is relationship between Intrinsic Viscosity and Relative Viscosity ? Thanks in advance
1
1

Help: Material Recommendation
I am searching for a durable material that I can shape/grind with the Dremel. This material has to be able to withstand the heat of a soldering iron, and I will have to grind it into shapes that have...
2
2

Bonding polyethylene
Greetings, My Thule (Atlantis 2100) car roof box is damaged. It's got some significant cracks & the construction appears to be polyethylene. The unit is quite new and the cracks are from a handling...
3
3

Entrainment
Does anyone have a suggestion on the fastest way to remove entrained air from a flexible polyurethane foam mixture being poured into a trough?

nanoparticles
Hello, I was wondering if someone ever experienced a flow enhancement when adding nanoparticles to a polymer ? Thanks Regards, Mark
7
7

RTV-2 SILICONE RUBBER
HI TO ALL. I'M DESIGNING A FIBER OPTICAL SENSOR. I WANT TO USE RTV-2 SILICONE RUBBER AS A COATING, BUT I NEED REFRACTIVE INDEX AND ABSORBANCE OF THIS MATERIAL, AT 13.5 MICROMETER. IT'S VERY...

How easy is it to homemake polystyrene packaging?
I have a vintage toy and the components are contained in a polystyrene tray within a cardboard box. I need to remake the damaged polystyrene packaging. How practical is it to make, at home, a mould of...
4
4

Plastic Bag vs Exhaust
Hi all, I asked this question over in and got little response. A neighbor has a large black plastic trash bag stuck all over her catalytic converters, and several feet of (stainless) exhaust pipes...
6
6

Fire Barrier Materials, Flame Retardants, Halogen free Flame Retardants in plastics
conference invitation: Berlin 6.March.2007, London New York 9.March.2007 Fire Protection Materials Business Briefing Conference 2007 Fire Barrier Materials, Flame Retardants, Halogen free Flame...
4
4

seek hi-temp porous polymer membrane
seek a "gore-tex"-like fabric that can withstand very high temperatures for an industrial application. The Gore company sells stuff that is spec'd up to 550 F. I'd like to go a bit higher. Advices?
5
5

HOT
SEND FOR ME SOME EBOOK I AM IN TEHRAN IN POLYMER SINCE
2
2

MPA Job Alerts
Technical Recruiter with over 23 years experience in the Rubber, Plastic, Polymer and Chemical industries. MPA Associates performs search and recruiting assignments from a solid client company base...