Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about Mark-Houwink parameter of polystyren and polyisobutene in THF at 30 or 35 degree.
Hello! Everyone we have interest in calculating molecular weight of polybutene(PB) which have Mn=3D 450~2,400(g/mol) range. So, I think it is necessary to prepare Polystyrene standards having Mp=3D162...
1
1

Looking for an Engineer
I am a recruiter working for a multi-billion dollar manufacturing company in the food packaging industry. Currently I'm working on a role for an Engineer. If you have any suggestions of someone to...
1
1

BOPA film manufacturer!
Zhanjiang Development Minghe Plastic Co., Ltd. is a professional BOPA film manufactuer in China. BOPA films have magnificent qualities of high tensile strength and anti-puncture, flexibility, strike...

Yellowing trouble of TPU
We are looking for most effective UV Stabilizer for TPU. As you known, The most annoying problem of TPU is Yellowing trouble. Of course, There is Non yellowing trouble TPU. But It is not cheap.......
2
2

Heat Sealing a Microporous Polypropylene Sheet
Afternoon, Has anyone had experience heat sealing a microporous polypropylene sheet? Thanks, Montie

Flame retardant for TPU
I am looking for a flame retardant for TPU(Thermoplastic Polyurethane). It must be Halogen free. After loading, the change of physical property must be a little. Are there anyone who have a good...
3
3

Separating Delrin and Nylon
I have a lot of black and white colored Delrin and Nylon blocks mixed together that I need to separate. Can anyone tell me what to look for to differenciate the two materials? Thanks a lot. Darren...
5
5

PTFE processes (and G-process)
Hello, I'm looking for some informations about PTFE: first of all I'm searching a flowsheet diagram of TFE/PTFE compound, then informations about a "new" process called "Process G" ( someone have any...
1
1

Porous Tubing Needed for Degassing Application
Morning, I'm looking for a source of porous tubing for use in a device to remove C02 from a mildly acidic solution of sulfuric acid. I've looked at the PTFE tubing, but at a $1 per centimeter, it is...

Water tubing turns black?
In my house amber natural rubber water tubing turns black and weakens in around six months. Ditto for O-rings. I remember that water tubing in the lab used to stay amber for years and become hard and...
9
9

Restoring Melmac dinnerware?
At our cabin in CO we have a set of Brookpark Modern Design pink and black Melmac dinnerware. I've been replacing missing pieces, but some of the replacements are quite worn - fine scratching being...
3
3

EVOH e sua fórmula química
Oi, eu estou fazendo um projeto e gostaria de saber se algu=E9m pode me passar a f=F3rmula qu=EDmica do EVOH, =E9 um pol=EDmero termopl=E1stico. fico muito agradecida.
1
1

Poll for New PIB Gasoline dabate?
I have been getting what I wanted from this forum. I joined it to get a debate going about PIB in gasoline by polymer scientists. You are a credible source for me to reference on this topic. I was...

Breakthrough in polymer additive to Gasoline
Looks like everyone is on board with polymer additives to gasoline except the scientific community who assures me it is too expensive and complicated to work out. It seems this oyster farmer has more...
4
4

What is Melt tension(strength) in PE, PP
Hello, everyone I don't know the meaning of melt tension(strength) in polymer, especially PE, PP. I would like to know what melt tension is and why it is measured in PE, PP processing. please teach me...
6
6