Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ask for suggestion on polymer materials.
Hi, there, I have a monolayer 1.0 um particle on quartz surface. Then I want to put a transparent layer of polymer on it to fix all these particles. The polymer material would better have a refractive...
1
1

crosslink gelatin
I want to crossllink gelatin sponge without using any aldehydes, there is a method available called dehydrothermal treatment in which the gelatin gets crosslinked, can I have some more information...

Pore size or Porosity control in Gelatine Sponge
I am looking for a method to control pore size in manufacturing gelatine sponge. If any body out there can help me Thanks Devang
2
2

Polymers in gasoline
I joined this forum some time back asking for help in coming up scientific argument I could present in Washington for their being a way to create a stream process to produce gasoline with the same...
2
2

Mould Rusty ?
The mould ( for plastic injection moulding ) was sprayed with heavy anti-rust after production. the core and cavity side still get rusty after a few months period, each time if needs tobe put up...
2
2

conductive plastics and Inherently dissipative compound - market
Hi, everyone: it is very nice to meet you here. I am Jenny from China responsible for specialty compound such as conductive plastics and ESD compound of Premix Oy which in general is with application...

questions about transparent inherently dissipative shees for vacuum forming trays
Some of my customers are looking for transparent inherently dissipative sheets for vacuum forming trays. The S.R. should be less than 10^6ohms. PS based material. They prefer to extrude sheets without...

polyacetal
Hello, I would like receive some information about polyacetal. Any kind of info will be very helpful for my chemistry graduation project (e.g. website links, texts, books...). Thank you. Rita
6
6

antistatic problem
I am having difficulty getting surface resistivity down in a blended film using a reasonable percentage (currently about 4%) of an antistatic masterbatch. Looking at the A/Stat MB specs, I see that...

What's PVDA - polyvinylidene acetate?
Have you ever heard about PVDA - polyvinylidene acetate? I have searched in the web and in some text book but I can't get more than the molecular structure. Can anyone give some advice what kind of...
2
2

Rigidity of Plastic at 212F
I homebrew beer which generally requires a boil of 60 to 120 minutes. It is difficult because of the heat to brew in the Summer. Someone has proposed using a food-grade plastic pail with a water...
6
6

Where to find plastic like in film conversion boxes?
Where would you go to get thin, grainless semi-opaque semi-translucent plastic like that found in film-to-video conversion units? Ideally, hoping to find a place in the Orlando FL area that might have...
2
2

What kind of phenomenon ?
I am working in the tooling maintenance dept. ( plastic Moulding ). some defect of the tooling i can't explain. Can members help me to explain how could this happen ? thanks in advance. Erosion was...
1
1

Metalocene break down voltage ?
Hello, I've been googling the net for a while looking for a bit of information on the break down voltage of metalocene dielectric foils, without success... ...anybody out there could put me on the...

Halogen-free Flame Retardants Market Worldwide/New Study by hkc22.com
New Study by Halogen-free Flame retardants market will increase from 1.62 bn US $ in 2005 and to 2.72 bn US $ in 2010 worldwide. Nanotechnology will play the key role in improving fire-retardant...