Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ethyl Acrylate aqueous dispersion
I need to make an Ethyl Acrylate aqueous dispersion but I should like to know if I could find it as a ready made product. Anybody knows something about it? I mean trade name and where I could buy it?....
1
1

nanomaterial safety, cleaning and risks
Hi, we have sorted some SigmaAldrich nanoparticles - many types based on Si, C, Zr, etc. I wonder if anyone can advise on safety, cleaning (carpets, room) and protection from nanoparticles,...

Resin to bind scrap SBR rubber?
I'm looking for a kind of resin (Thermoset) to use as a matrix for scrap tire powders, but am not sure in what direction to look. Polyurethane? It should be low viscosity to allow wetting of large...
4
4

cheap latex
Hi I need cheap latex particles about 100-200nm radius. I do not need very monodisperse etc. Do you know where can I buy 10-100g? Sincerely, Grigor

Plastics with high UV-A transmission capability
I am looking for plastics with high UV-A transmission capability. My aim is to bond a ring (wall thickness 5-10 mm) made of that plastic to a powder laquered steel tube. Cycle time is very low, so a...
5
5

Plastics with high UV-A Transmission
I am looking for plastics with high UV-A transmission capability. My aim is to bond a ring (wall thickness 5-10 mm) made of that plastic to a powder laquered steel tube. Cycle time is very low, so a...
1
1

vii/xvii Puns
Weed: X goes the Internal Loch Ness money. Sing: Musical charged film machinese vase. True Line: One ammunions.

What is the strain-hardening effect in rheology?
Hello! everyone I would like to know the meaning about strain-hardening effect in rheology, specially in elongational viscosity. Is there any relationship with melt strength? thank you for a helpful...
1
1

soft airtight material?
Is there such a thing as a soft airtight material that does not leak over time so it could be used as cushioning in a boot cuff? Is there any example of a soft airtight material used in a manufactured...
10
10

Proper way to melt nylon
Fishing for information on do's and don'ts when melting nylon. What I need to do is liquify a relatively small amount to dip wood drumstick tips in to keep them from chipping. I figure weed eater line...
17
17

Pigments for water based application
Dear All, I am into the production of Pigments for various applcation including Inks and Paints. I am searching for a method to produce Pigment Yellow 13 for water based flexo inks. Pl give some hints...

DIS PROPORTIONATED ROSIN
I am in search of the above. I wish to use this for production of Pigments powders. any ideas? Jyotindra B.Sc. Tech
2
2

lactide
anyone know the mathod of preparation of lactide please telll me

Natural weathering of polymers
Hello, i'd like to know if industrials need "climatic data" (especially solar UV) for their own outdoor exposure weathering tests, or if they only rely on labs. The aim is that we have all of these...
6
6

polylactide
hi i am facing difficulty in synthasising PLA by ROP. i am getting very lettle amount of lactide from lactic acid
1
1