Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Whats the uproar over the Bilderberg group about?
A bunch of rich pricks meet in a hotel and discuss things in secret oooooooo. DUDES! if a group of people wanted to have a secret club to discuss the take over of the world they wont publicise it and...
7
7

PROTECTIVE COATINGS Book by Clive H. Hare on Eaby!
Hi, I have just listed on ebay the text book 'PROTECTIVE COATINGS - Fundamentals of Chemistry & Composition' By Clive H Hare. The book is 514 pages and an essential read for those studying or working...

Plastic Material that will not fluoresce at a wave length of 500 nanometers
I have an application where our part requires no fluorescence at 480-530 nanmoeters under an array of LED lights. We currently use a styrene co-polymer that has worked in the past, but recently has...
3
3

Pebax 7033
Hallo each, We are using Pebax 7033 to extrude into medical tubing. We have encountered some issues relating to the extrusion stability of the material. Over a period of about two hours we found three...
8
8

What is the difference bwtween MWD from SEC(GPC) and PI from rotational rheometer
Hello, everyone I would like to know the difference between MWD(molecular weight distribution) from SEC(GPC) and PI(polydispersity index)from rotational rheometer data. In my experience, their values...
1
1

Disproportionated rosin
i'm working in the production of polybutadiene. the emulsifier system that i'm using is based on disproportionated rosin. currently i was evaluating two supplier (A and B) of disproportionated rosin...
2
2

How can calculate isotacticity(I.I, mmmm%) of Polybutene-1(PB-1)?
Hello, everyone I am in charge of NMR operation. I would like to calculate istactic index of PB-1 samples which are batch-sample and commercial sample. In some patent, they calculated I.I by using...

Question about rheological properties - die-swell
Hello! everyone I have some question about die-swell. We have two HDPE samples which were produced by different catalyst. They have almost same M.I value and shear viscosity, but are different in...
3
3

What is Fischer-Porter Bottle?
Hi everyone, Do you know "Fischer-Porter Bottle" ? Can you help me please... Thanks...
2
2

emulsion PB
hi everybody I want to know more about effect of pressure on synthesis of polybutadiene in emulsion process. Actually I like to know about synthesis of emulsion PB specially pressure effect. could...
1
1

Seeking a Ph.D. Student in the Field of Polymeric Materials
We are currently looking for a Ph.D. research assistant (RA) in the field of polymeric materials at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Candidates who have some of the following qualifications are...
1
1

How to increase the high T performance of polyurethane
Hello, the mechanical properties of polyurethane composite decrease fast with increasing temperature. My question is how to keep the mechanical property at relatively high T, say 60 degree C. Thanks,
1
1

Blocking of light, high absorption polymers?
Dear group. I am looking into the absorption properties of polymers. We want to shield an optical detector from direct sunlight with as thin layer of polymer as possible (the housing will be injection...
1
1

viscosity parameters SBR
Hi all, I am working on a short term research project concerning hysteresis loss in car tyres caused by energy dissipation in SBR, at a temperature sweep. After an extensive search through many...
2
2

tin mercaptoates
Does anyone know a supplier of these in the UK? They are used to heat-stabilise PVC. Also, are they any good in clear formulations? (I know they are not especially light stable, but I have a fix for...