Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Starlinger
Does anyone have any experience with Strarlinger extrusion equipment -- specifically monofilament extrusion. Any opinions pro or con. Thanks, robre

DMA question/ have you ever seen that?!?!
Dear all, I conducted a DMA run on a polymer and the storage modulus (E') showed a sharp increase right before the Tg of the sample then it declined to give after the crystallization temperature a...
12
12

Anionic Polymerization - Butadiene + sec BuLi
Hi all, I am desperately seeking help for my anionic polymerization. I am trying to synthesize Polybutadiene with sec BuLi as my initiator, cyclohexane as my solvent, and polymerization temperature...

OLED???
Hi. How do you pronounce it? Will just a few companies manufacture the display material itself, or will the electric print idea make it so everyone can do it, or am I confusing different ideas? This...
73
73

Wood Plastic Suppliers
I need information about the suppliers of the Wood Plastic Composites; with the base material from PVC, PP, PE. Please email me the information to.
5
5

Why difference in dimension ?
If a mould design with four cavity per shot and each cavity having the same dimension and design. By principle the moulded plastic parts should also have equal dimenion. However you will notice one of...
2
2

Potting Electronics for submerged operation
Hi I wrote this post a couple of months ago (shown at the end below): Well - we have evaluated several potting compounds and are in the process of testing some of them. But I would like to get some...
1
1

Question on some common plastics
Do you know the properties, melting temperaturing and applications of following common plastics? Thanks for helping ABS HDPE LDPE PP PC PBT PVC
3
3

How to dissolve coloured transparent ABS Lego bricks?
I'm looking for a solution (no pun intended) to my problem and am hoping someone here can help. Unlike regular (solid colour) ABS bricks, coloured transparent ABS Lego bricks do not dissolve in either...
15
15

Sugar residue and extrusion
Anyone have an idea what kind of mess I'm going to run into recycling PP with some sugar residue on it? Temps at about 250 C. Thanks, Robre
2
2

What surface treatment for PET film
My supplier doesn't deal with film much and is not sure about what surface treatment I need. Without any treatment, I guess the film sort of grabs when passed over itself. Other than that, I need a 2...
4
4

Eq With Isocyanates
When you are polymerizing a urethane prepolymer, and there is solvent used in the cook plus a significant amount of water in the solvent, do you treat the calc. of water as 18g/mol or 9g/eq. Water has...
4
4

SAN-acetone interacation parameter
Hi, everyone, I want to obtain the interacation pameter between a random copolymer (Poly(styrene-stat-acrylonitrile), with AN=28wt%) and a solvent (acetone) at 298K. Doese anyone familiar with this...
1
1

equivalent of water when reacting isocyanates
When you are polymerizing a urethane prepolymer, and there is solvent used in the cook plus a significant amount of water in the solvent, do you treat the calc. of water as 18g/mol or 9g/eq. Water has...
3
3

soy oil
please tell me the method for the curing of soy oil...
5
5