Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chlorine resistance of various polymers?
We use a variety of polymer components in manufacture of our lighting fixtures, mainly polycarbonate and PMMA but also some PET/PETG. We often get asked by our customers as to the suitability of these...
3
3

Orientations in PET films
I need to find out weather a PET film contains orientations or not. Which methods could be used to measure the orientations? Is there also a possibility to quantify the orientations? Any suggestions...
4
4

NIH is providing funding for the clinical development of Dendrimer based nanotechnology product
Starpharma Holdings Limited signed an agreement with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), to fund a clinical trial to...

PET data
Hi, Does anyone know any web site where I can find the DTA and the TGA graphs for PET thermoplastic? Regards, Edward
6
6

Drying of Alkyd
I have been working on a long oil alkyd for the past few months. The problem i am facing is that when i replaced a two pack dryer containing ,,part 1 - 10% Ca & Part 2 - 9% Zr + 7 % Co with a single...

Removing foam mounting tape
This is the double-sided black foam tape used to attach light trim to automobile exterors, like acrylic shades. The instructions say to "rub off excess with fingers" but this is woefully inadequate....
4
4

Photograph encapsulation
I am searching for ideas on how to mount a photograph between two pieces of clear acrylic sheet, permanently and with "archival" qualities. This would not be a "one-off". I think the issues are: 1)...
7
7

Re: Resistance of epoxies to ozone
Most epoxies are based on diglycidylated aromatic nuclei. Ozone cleaves benzene rings as well as all other unsaturated systems. You are eaten if you are limited to common organics. One hope is to load...
1
1

Mould venting for Cyrolite G20
The Cyro Industries website recommends vents of between 0.0015" and 0.0020" for injection moulding of Cyrolite G20. Can anyone provide better information than that, and/or confirm that information....

Extruded vs. Cell cast Acrylic How to test for difference?
Is it possible to test for what type the PMMA is non destructively? Thanks, John
6
6

Interview With Prof. Amiji of Northeastern University on nanomedicine and applications of polymers
Dr. Amiji say about drug targeting nanosystems "Most investigators do not concern themselves with what will happen to the nanosystems once it accomplishes its function. How will it be cleared from the...
1
1

where to guy branched polycarbonate and PMMA?
I need some branched polycarbonate and PMMA for experiment. Can anyone recommend a vendor for those polymers? Thank you!
1
1

Looking for a job
Hi I am looking for a job in metallrugy or materials science. I am very good at using all materials testing instruments. characterization techiniques. I am giving my resume below. if you come across...

PET foaming
I'm starting to work on a new project about PET foaming.....can someone help me in this interesting "adventure"? Is it possible to foam PET? Do you know any supplier that has already developed a line...
1
1

Fibre Reinforced Healthcare
I would like to inform you of this one-day Fibre Reinforced Healthcare seminar highlighting the medical applications of composites. TITLE: Fibre Reinforced Heathcare DATE: Wednesday 5th April 2006...