Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3 chloro 2 hydroxypropyl methacrylate
Hello All, Any large scale commercial applications for 3 chloro 2 hydroxypropyl methacrylate ? Vinay

Degazing of glue - HELP -
Mrs, Mr, We observe the formation of bubbles between a substate and a plastic sheet glued. The bubble appears after many hours (over night). What could it be? Hydrogene? H2O ? Have you ever observed...
2
2

PU's Molecular Structure ??
Polyurethanes are produced by reacting an isocyanate and a polyol of various types. I'm wondering about ( Molecular formula & Structure ) of commercial multifunctional textile PU's.
4
4

Possible to shrink expanded O-rings
Hi, I have four tiny but very expensive O-rings used for dust scraping around pistons in motorcycle brake calipers. Thay have expanded due to an oil leakage and I hope that it's possible to shrink...
3
3

Guide for physical properties of polymer
Dear All: I need your kind instruction for the physical properties of polymer. Fatigue & water-resistance is my target. Your kind help is highly appreciated. Thanks, William
3
3

Carboxymethylcellulose processing
Can anyone recommend to me a good reference for the conversion process of taking cellulose to carboxymethylcellulose? I have been experimenting recently with processing a viscose fiber to achieve a...

poly (vinyl butyral) film
Hi, this is not my area of expertise but I am currently working with PVB (7.5g Pioloform BM18, dissolved in 100mls 1-butanol, 24hrs @ 50 degrees C) . I make up various concentrations of chloral...
4
4

Lubricious hydrophilic coating
I'm studying the formulation of a hydrophilic lubricious coating for a stainless steel substrate for use in an acidic aqueous environment. polyvinilpyrrolidone, PEG/PPG and silicone lubricious...
7
7

superplastic forming - composite
And ideas as to what would happen if one tried to blow form a woven composite like Twintex using argon pressure? Obviously it would be done at low temperatures, but would the gas just pass straight...
1
1

pluronic
Hi, Iam working with Pluronic PE 8100. This is a block polimer and antifoaming agent. but I didn't understand what 8100's means. someone help me? thanks for helps.
1
1

ABS and HIPS
Hi to all, I don't manage to find on the web the chemical way to synthetize ABS: is here any of oyu who can tell me if it is radical anionic or cationic? is there an order to start the synthesis ?...
1
1

polylactide
how we can synthesise high molecular weight PLA without having lactide as intermediate

Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) spin casting
Hello everyone, I wasn't sure where to ask a question about spin casting but I thought I would start with the polymer people. I am currently an undergraduate research assistant, and part of my task...
10
10

Recommendations for pendulum impact tester
Any suggestions for a small (10j) inexpensive pendulum impact tester w/ analog readout to to izod tests on plastics. Thanks.

Reduce blocking effect of TPU's
Hi all, I'm looking for some additives to reduce blocking. I added alreadey silica (matting agent) to my TPU without obtaining the desired result. The additive were mixed in a solvent based TPU...
1
1