Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

polymers
how is the epoxide equivalent weight is related to other properties of a polymer.
5
5

optimising my foam molding
Hi Again, Well, my PU foam saga continues and I'd like to thank you all for helping me this far. My questions today relate to optimising the foams I am currently making. As some of you already know...
2
2

Answering A Espinoza
Could you narrow down what you would like to take seriousely? Like I said, I am familiar enough with the topic to know that most of what is in it is true. I can easily validate what is important to...
2
2

Answering John from Aspen Research, "Turning answers into questions"
Answering John from Aspen Research, "Turning Answers into Questions" Aspen Research, - "Turning Questions into Answers" I was made ill from drinking polluted water with MTBE. I now have a chemical...
2
2

PEEK flow-cell
Hi, my question is: whether a PEEK flow-cell has to be fabricated with 'usual' machining techniques (like drilling, milling, cutting) or with rapid prototyping (stereo lithography). Thank you very...
1
1

What do you think of this Wikipedia article?
The article below is talking about polyisobutylene as a gasoline additive giving much greater gas mileage with almost no emissions. I read it and I think that this is not evidence of a new gasoline...
1
1

formability
What are the issues in forming (simple curvature) laminates of composite-metal, e.g. fibre-metal laminates used in aircraft structures like Glare, Arall. - in terms of material properties such as...

Polyurethane Adhesive
Hi, I'm trying to improve the cure of a solventless polyurethane adhesive (double-component) used in lamination process to produce flexible packing. It's very easy to improve the cure in a solvent...
10
10

Haze caused by Oligomers in PET when moulding
I am trying to find out about what causes the haze around features in Hot-Fill PET Bottles when moulding. I have been told that it is caused by Oligomer build up in the molds, which then at regular...
1
1

adhesion to urathane tubing, steel and shrink tube mastic
I am looking for a way to make heat shrink tube mastic adhere to urathane tubing. I am building a sensor that is to be used for winter maintenance vehicles (plow trucks). The sensor element is potted...
1
1

What type of polymer?
Do any of you polymer chemists know by trade name or chemical name what this material is that is described below? PLASTIC CAP / APPLIANCE MATERIAL - WATER BASE The first water based cap vinyl. After...
2
2

Mixing polyurethane components
Hi, I currently use an IKA high shear homogenizer for mixing PU foam components but I find that it is not very efficient due to the high viscosity of the prepolymer and polyols. I would be interested...
6
6

injection molding Viton, tool wear
I'm striking out in finding articles on tool wear in injection molding Viton type materials. I imagine the dies will wear more quickly with fluoropolymers than with other polymers. Does anyone have...
2
2

coat-hanger die
Hi guys; Well my problem is coat hanger die. Does anybody knows flow rate per width(q) and die land relationship for newtonian and non-newtonian fluids? Or can you offer me book or publication? And...
2
2

flexural strength of polymer composite
hi, all: we have a trouble of glass fibre reinforced polymer composites (using filament winding). For some reason, the flexural strength is always below our expectation. all the other testings such as...
4
4