Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Vespel Polyimide
Hello. I am researching polyimide and similar plastics. Is anyone out there using Vespel polyimide? Which applications? What are the pros and cons? Why was it chosen? Are you open to an alternative...
1
1

3M product turn yellow ?
Hello members. I brought a 3M brand protective tape make of PU material, i paste it on the suface of the LCD display , but after a period of time it turn yellow colour and crack, a layer of deposit...
2
2

A feeling for shore hardness
Hi, I'm trying to get a feel for what shore A of 10 feels like. I know that rubber bands have a shore hardness of around 30 but I haven't seen anything listed lower than this. Seems to me what whoever...
5
5

Non-foaming polyurethane help
Hello, Recently I posted a message asking for help making soft polyurethane foams and received some great help from the group. I ended up using a TDI and ethylene oxide prepolymer and an ethylene...
4
4

Polyurethane Encapsulation
Hi everbody, I'm looking for a process to encapsulate a catalyst ( TEA - Triethanolamine ) used to react with a NCO group. Thisreaction yield a polyurethane adhesive and the target is to improve the...

living anionic polymerisation question
I'd like to do some lab tests making SBS (blockcopolymer styrene - butadiene - styrene). But I'd like to incorporate also some acrylics in it. Is this possible? Or what can be the difficulties? I will...
1
1

Fibre Metal Laminates
Where can I find suppliers/producers/manufacturers of fibre reinforced composite- metal laminates. eg: GLARE, ARALL, TIGRA, any advice is much apreciated,
1
1

elastomultiester - elastoester filament
hello, are both elastomultiester and elastoester same thing ? Are they spun from blend or are they bicomponent ? I hear it's Teijin technology . Thanks in advance for any information
1
1

glass fiber moisture absorbant calculation
Hi, Is there anyone know how to calculate the moisture absorbed by glass fiber when it is transfered from the conditioning room (44 0C, 3% RH) to the production (24 degree C, 30% RH), the time is...
1
1

ETFT
Did a quick search could not find an answer. What do the letters ETFT stand for ? Thanks
2
2

RTV ageing?
We have an application where to protect pressure sensor it has been proposed that RTV-485 be placed on the face of the sensor to afford additional protection against the water...

What type of polymer is used in mousepads?
I want to get some moulded material, out of the same stuff in the gel mouse pads. Thanks
2
2

Polymers for use in the stomach
Hi Everyone, I'm new here - so just to introduce myself, I am a chemical technician working in a large pharmaceutical company. I am studying part-time for a masters in materials science, which I am...
1
1

Soda bottle caps materials?
I have a possible hobby use for Coke bottle caps. These are various colors, translucent with a whitish liner on top. Does anyone know the cap material and the lining material?
7
7

What plastic to use.
Hi, I'm looking to build a weight scale as a part of a project. the usual standard in the weighing industry seems to be using metals for the top and bottom plates of the scale. I was wondering if...
7
7