Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Polymer Structures
Hi i was investigating the use of polymers in medical applications and wonderded how altering the chemical structures of three polymers: Polypropylene Nylon(6,6) ePTFE alters its Tg and Tm values.?...
5
5

sulfur polymers
hi, I want to know more about sulfur polymers especially their synthesis. could anyone help me. thank you.
2
2

Antifouling paints
hi all I have been doing research on antifouling paints since one and half year. During my literature surveys I have seen lot of people working on coating with low surface energy are efficient in...
1
1

Tankless Water heaters for heating molds in Injection Molding
Hello, I am trying to develop a down and dirty, quick and easy way to make a thermolator for a short run mold. The requirement calls for a heated front half of mold, and we only have chilled or tower...

Water solution of conductive polymer
charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: As we know there are many kinds of conductive polymer in the = market, however, is there any way to make it solute in the water, there =...
1
1

where can I find the stress-strain curve (or mechanical properties)for epoxy?
I am working the numerical modeling on polymer material. Could anyone tell you where can I find the stress-strain curve (or mechanical properties like Young's Modulus, yiels stress, tensil strgenth...
2
2

Help needed
Anybody here an expert on thermal polymerization of styrene? Or unsaturated polyesters? I'm looking for the upper temperature limit for prevention of thermal polymerization (uncatalyzed - no cobalt...
4
4

Resins used for battery powered smoke alarms?
Does anyone have information on what resins are commonly used for battery powered smoke alarms? Specifically, I am interested in knowing the UL 94 flammability ratings of the housings. Thanks, Tim
1
1

Paint Adhesion Measurement Problem
We are having a problem of paint adhesion. We have a red painted band around a nickel plated circular connector (used as a mating indicator) that is flaking off. Currently the only data we have is...
6
6

Orange pigment
Dear all, I'm looking for an orange pigment for an aerosol formulation. Binder : acrylic. Solvent : ketonics and acetates. Propellant : diethyl ether. We tried, first, a monoazoic orange 5 that didn't...
3
3

Polyurethane pot life question
Hi, I have a strange problem with the PU potlife. I mixed some polyols, molecular seive, coulourants and catlyst together and then mixed with iso, the pot life is kind of what I wanted. However, after...
2
2

Does anyone know what is Heat Transfer(label)?
What kind of polymer used for made heat transfer?
1
1

polypropyene analysis
please tell me how I can analyze the copolymer content of an unknown polypropylene specimen? If DSC, so how much is the fusion heat of isotactic PP.
5
5

pH of polypropylene
hi, can somebody tell me how to evaluate the pH of polypropylene sample?
7
7

polyurethane composite bubble problem
hi, I am doing a projectof polyurethane-glass fiber composite. Although I dryed the glass fiber before it was used, however, when I transfer the glass fiber from the oven to the processing machine, it...
5
5