Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sol gel hard coating for Polycarbonate
Dear All: As we know using sol gel to adhesive polycarbonate is difficult for hard coating, the products in the market must use 120 degree as well as 2 hours for curing, it is difficult to mass...
4
4

Polypropylene as a separating agent for metals
hello guys, I am a final year undergraduate of Industrial working on the above thesis.i have toiled and searched the webs for a lead on the subject but have not got hold of any info. please can anyone...
1
1

PVOHcoat - thermal treatment
I have spincoated a 800nm PVOH coating on a substrate. Polyvinylalcohol 88% hydrolysis grade. PVOH in a watery solution. The quality of my coating is not good enough: adhesion-type problems. When I...
4
4

Machining Delrin
I have a lot of small parts I'd like to make and I read that woodworking tools would work on Delrin. But since dimensional accuracy is important, I was wondering if I could use something like a Dremel...
12
12

Re: how to detect hexane in skin product?
I cannot see a simple test for hexane. You will need a gas chromatograph or the like. I cannot imagine that small residual amounts of hexane have any neurotoxic effect. You really should look up the...
3
3

what is the most important in polymer physics?
I want to know what are the challenge fields for polymer physics? Thanks in advance!
3
3

state-of-art cranioplasty in brazil
we are making and developing a new concept in cranioplasty and aesthetic grafts made by bioceramics. we are producing large pieces of bioceramic cranioplasty that reducing the time of surgeries and...

expanded polystyrene
hi everybody! I wonder if anyone could help me. I don't know how is the Elasticized Expanded Polystyrene produced?
2
2

Low cost replacement for acrylic (PMMA)?
Since acrylic has increased in costs (as well as just all polymers), I'm looking for a lower priced substitute for it. I use clear PMMA sheets. I know of styrene, but it is more brittle, soft surface...
3
3

Used Vetaphone Corona Generator for sale
Hello, I have a used Vetaphone Corona plus generator for sale. I have used it for corona treatment of polypropylene tubes. It is in good condition other than the discharge head that could do with a...

OH Index
How does one calculate the 'OH index' of polyols for use in PU synthesis - or is this a value that is experimentally determined. Is it the number of moles of OH contained within a Kg of polyol - I am...
6
6

POLYBUTADIENE COAGULATION
i'm working on polybutadiene coagulation system. emulsion polymerization. our current coagulation system used is sulfuric acid and neutralized using sodium hydroxide. the emusifier used is fatty...
2
2

secondary electrons in polymers (references found)
I raised the question a half year earlier or so about how far secondary electrons could travel in polymers. This week I happened upon a reference which suggests that it could be in the 100 nm range,...

nano
hi any one can tell me about PLA nano particles as a drug carrier. can you tell me what are the different methods for the preparation of nano-particles of PLA. and how the property of drug influence...
1
1

Soft PU foam help
Hi Folks, I've just started a PhD, which initially involves the synthesis of some soft viscoelastic polyurethane foams. However, I've not been having much luck. I've been trawling through the...
5
5