Restoring Melmac dinnerware?

At our cabin in CO we have a set of Brookpark Modern Design pink and
black Melmac dinnerware. I've been replacing missing pieces, but some
of the replacements are quite worn - fine scratching being the #1
problem. Is there any safe way to restore some semblance of shine to
these pieces? I guess steel wool will even them out but of course
leave a dull surface. Any ideas??
Reply to
Jerry
Successively finer grades of steel wool will remove the scratchs, much in the same way that wood is sanded with successively finer grit (60 grit --> 100 grit --> 150 grit --> 220)). Getting gloss back is a real challenge and needs a very fine polish, or perhaps a final coating. Even without a gloss, they should still look better.
John Aspen Research, -
"Turning Questions into Answers"
john.spevacek
[...]

Site Timeline