Subject Author Posted Replies

Parallax Propeller Microprocessor
Parallax have recently released a new microprocessor to their range - the 'propeller'. At first I thought it was going to be Stamp 3 but it appears quite a bit more original - and cheap at $25!...
3
3

Vex?
I saw a $299 Vex kit at my local Radio Shack marked down to $119 and am wondering whatever happened to this company? Anybody? Wayne
11
11

robotics
Hi i am a instrumentation engineering student.i am interested in doing progect related to robotics so i want to know how should i begin..
4
4

how to start project upon robot
hi, 2 months back i got through in an automation company.. i m an electronics engineer but still have not done any robot related project. i want to make somwhat humenoid robot. but this would b a big...
4
4

Determinant of the Jacobian
Hello I am working with a hexapod-robot having stewart-gough-platform. Question: We are using the determinant of the (inverted) Jacobian-Matrix as a criteria for avoiding singularities while moving....
3
3

RFID Guide, RFID and Environmental Issues, Wal-Mart and RFID: A Case Study
RFID Guide, RFID and Environmental Issues, Wal-Mart and RFID: A Case Study RFID Technology and Architecture, RFID Standards,RFID Applications, RFID Security, Impact of RFID Tags on Recycling,...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - July 21, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Clears Away Dust, Gets New Software Upgrade - sol 904-907, July 21, 2006: Beginning July 22, 2006, in the early hours of the rover's 907th Martian day, Spirit is scheduled to begin...

Robot in Hospital
javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/tech/2006/07/20/','2006/07/27');
3
3

Mars Exploration Rover Update - July 20, 2006
UPDATE: Next Stop: 'Beagle Crater' - sol 872-878, July 20, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and continued driving towards "Beagle Crater," which is about 140 meters (459 feet) away as of sol 877 (July 12,...

using a motor as a generator
I have a project with an electric bicycle and want to get longer range for long distance travelling (25 miles or so) im too cheap to go past leadacid technology and a small hybrid generator set up...

Mobile PC platform for a robot
Hello there, I have an old Pentium PC Motherboard from which I would like to build a Mobile Robot. The reason I would like to do this is to use the serial port, parallel port, hard disk, RAM, USB,etc...
11
11

Linear Motion Control - Servo?
Hi. Please forgive my total ignorance here. My daughter is working on a project and I'm trying to put her on the right track. The project is: Build a mechanical "mirror". The mirror is composed of...
31
31

Batteries
My local hobby supplier told me that the new battery powered monster RC models are capable of speeds now achieved by the nitro models, and that battery life can extend to about two hours of play time,...
6
6

Laptop docking port tutorial
Greetings and salutations. I am a senior at DeVry University, in their EET program. I, as part of a team of three, have a project to complete which will require us to control several pager motors with...
6
6

Cutting shafts
Hi, Quick question: I have a 1/2" steel shaft (AISI 1117 steel) that I neet to cut to a certain length, but I don't know if the tools I have are appropriate for that. The tools I have 1) jigsaw with...
9
9