Subject Author Posted Replies

Postdoc position in Swarmanoid project - Brussels
PostDoc position available IRIDIA Institut de Recherches Interdisciplinaires et de Développements en Intelligence Artificielle Université Libre de Bruxelles Brussels, Belgium project: Postdoctoral...

Robo cup 2006 world championship
At the robo cup 2006 world championship in Pittsburgh, inventors unveiled a pair of bi-pedal robots. Their special talent, they provide color commentary for robot soccer matches. The two can move...

For the MS fans out there...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/robotics/
15
15

Mounting encoder
Hi folks This weekend I was trying to mount a USDigital optical encoder (E3 model) to a S28 magmotor DC motor. As the motor axis sticks out on both sides, I was trying to mount it to the top of the...
11
11

smallest motion sensitive turtle style robot?
Does anyone know of a small (2" or less) motion sensitive robot on the market that would be suitable for a cat to chase around? It would have to be somewhat fast and small (anything similar I've seen...
3
3

PINO-DX - Anyone Still Playing With?
Hardly anything on the net for Pino-DX. His a bit old now and is not really a good mover. However I'd be interested in chatting to others who still have an interest in the little fellow. I am thinking...
2
2

What caps for 7.2V DC motor?
Hello, I just purchased four (6mm shaft) 7.2V gearhead motors for an ATV robot project. Just wondering what caps I need across the motor's positive and negative terminals? Is they a way to calculate...
1
1

Mars Exploration Rover Update - June 15, 2006
UPDATE: Opportunity Hits Five-Mile Mark - sol 844-851, June 15, 2006: After the previous week's successful extraction from "Jammerbugt," Opportunity resumed its drive south. Approximately 95 meters...

Mechanical drive source?
I figured I could use floppy arms for precision positioning. By useing the same mechanical drive as the one positioning the magnetic head in a floppy: (178kB) --------- | Motor |...
12
12

RoboCup 2006
Hello, yesterday I saw that the RoboCup has started... here who was at the RoboCup before or who plans to go there in the future? Ciao, Oliver Robotics is a new, rapidly developing area of science and...

similar development boards to the "Parallax Professional Development Board"
Hi, Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend AVR development boards that are similar to the "Parallax Professional Development Board" ( seems like it has a lot of interesting features -- except I would...
2
2

Robotics Class in Maine
Howdy folks, Our school just finished our second year offering an official Robotics Class to high school students. Our local news did a great piece featuring our program and our new creation, the...

Rumble Bots
I'm a robot collector.......collect from garage sales and such, but I've decided to start clearing out some of my past to make room for the present. Anyway, I have this group of robots that I picked...
3
3

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - June 9, 2006
UPDATE: Progress on Long-Term Experiments - sol 860-866, June 9, 2006: Spirit is healthy and continues to make progress on the rover's winter science experiments. Spirit has begun work on a new...
1
1

CfC: Robotic 3D Environment Cognition
Call for Contributions =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Robotic 3D Environment Cognition Workshop at the International Conference Spatial Cognition, Bremen 2006...