Subject Author Posted Replies

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 23, 2006
UPDATE: Checking Out 'Cheyenne' and Testing Relay for Phoenix - sol 818-824, May 23, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and continuing to make its way toward "Victoria Crater." Opportunity made 108 meters...
2
2

Ball screw reduction ratio
Hi, How can I calculate the reduction ration of a ball screw? For example, let's say I have a DC motor spinning at 3000RPM, with a maximum of 2000oz-in torque. If I couple the motor to a ballscrew...
15
15

Panasonic 1381 trigger
Hi. Can anybody tell me why Panasonic doesn't seem to have these things on their site anymore? Did they stop making them? Is someone else making them? Should i grab as many as i can get? They are...
2
2

Reversing motor polarity ?
I just finished assembling a tracked base on which I hope to eventually mount my MCU. Each motor requires 3V and if my multimeter did not fool me draws 300mA max. Direction of rotation depends on the...
1
1

5 inch wheels
Hi all, Could anyone tell me where I can get some five inch wheels. The only ones that I could find on web where 2.25 inches wide and where 25.00 USD for two. I only need the wheels to be a half or...
8
8

Any San Diego area DARPA people?
Would like to chat with anybody who participated in the recent DARPA event California/Nevada... we may be looking for 'moonlight engineers' in the near future.
1
1

Canine Robot Kit?
Hey, Does anyone know of a good canine robot kit? I'm looking for something intelligent that learns and plays. Aibo looks like it was great but it doesn't exist anymore. It wasn't really a kit either...

Data via wire and/or RF?
I'm guessing that I could send/receive more data via twisted cable than I could by IR or RF? I'm thinking of that missile they control with a wire as the missile goes toward a laser dot on the target....
10
10

Modulation/demodulation of Red & Green laser pointer and laser sensor
How to modulate laser pointer ===================== I want to modulate a Red and Green laser pointer (laser diode) with audio sweep signal 1-10KHz square wave with adjustable duty cycle. For the...
36
36

Using POWER MOSFETS to increase R/C ESC ratings
Hi Guys, OK, now I've got theory, and would like your input on it: (ESC is the normal r/c electronic speed controller) A ESC outputs a PWM signal to control the speed of the motor, and the only thing...
4
4

Roboscout - Any info?
I just picked up one of these at a flea market. Paid $120. I couldn't resist. Unsure if it worked, it still looked so darn cute. I brought it home, and it worked just fine. Bot and remote worked...
6
6

Where Are The Best Amateur Robotic Discussion Groups?
Not that I don't like you folks ;
12
12

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 19, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Winter Studies of Soil, Sky and Terrain - sol 842-846, May 19, 2006: Spirit is healthy and making progress on a winter science campaign of experiments in Gusev Crater on Mars....
5
5

PIC Controllers - Using Pic Basic pbc compiler
I'm building an automated tracking system using a 16F628A processor but struggling with new software basic compiler. Anyone used this type of PIC or 16F84A with a basic compiler? Want to avoid...
3
3

Board to wire connectors
Hi, Can anyone point me to a cheap supplier of board to wire connectors who also supply the correct crimping tool? Thanks Gareth
5
5