Subject Author Posted Replies

A Nanotechnology sensitization Program
NANO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CONSORTIUM (Consulting*Research*Outsourcing*Technology) C-56A/28, Sector-62, Noida - 201 301 (U.P.), INDIA Tel.: (+91) 0120 -2404690, 5330376, +91 09818206463 Website:...

My Robot Design
Hello, I am making a robot that is a wedge shape and has two big wheels at the back and a small swivle wheel inthe front contorled by a servo to steer, My question is will it work. I have the two 9V...
18
18

Does speed controller affect battery runtime ?
I just completed a "running test" of my latest robot frame ( just letting it run in a circle to see how long the battery lasts, how hot motors get, etc ), with the motors connected straight to the...
6
6

OT: Moving back into hardware related programming
Somewhat off topic but at least related: I've been doing programming for over 20 years now - heavy on engineering and scientific work & I used to consider data acquisition a specialty of mine, but in...
6
6

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 28, 2006
UPDATE: Flight Team Investigates Right Front Wheel Anomaly - sol 782-789, Mar 28, 2006: The flight team continues to investigate the right front wheel anomaly on Spirit. A diagnostic test conducted at...

DIY learning robot
Hi, I put on my page the description of a cheap autonomous learning robot, based on pic18F2620, how to build it, how to program it : I would be very interested in any kind of returns F. De Comité
2
2

What is localization ?
I was surfing on the Acroname web site tonight and saw their review on Evolution Robotics' Northstar system, which they touted as having "breakthrough localization". I hadn't too much attention to it...
7
7

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 27, 2006
UPDATE: Continuing the Move Away from 'Erebus' - sol 762-770, Mar 27, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and making progress away from "Erebus Crater." This week the rover drove nearly 180 meters (591...

Electronic Scale - with an API
Hi, I'm developing a fixed-arm robot system. The system is called "Human-Robot Collaborative Learning System for Inspection". The reinforcement learning based system enables collaboration of knowledge...

Gear Cutter: Trade for mechanical design and fabrication
Hi All I built a gear cutter some time back and it worked ok. Because it is small and flimsey, I am going to build a larger one. The electronics, motors, drivers, and software is done. What's missing...

How to calculate depth of focus
I am developing a robot which has a single arm and one webcam that acts as eye to it. The webcam captures the image of the object. But how to calculate the distance or depth of focus so that the robot...
7
7

Inverse kinematics for a 3DOF robot arm
Hello, I am working on a 3-DOF Robot arm. It is similar to an anthropomorphic robot arm. I need to compute the inverse kinematics of the arm in Matlab. Is there anyone who has already computed an...

Motor Controllers
Hi all, I am moving up to these motors from the Robot Store. what motor controller should I use with these motors, and an OOPic microcontroller. I was looking a an Lynxmotion Dual "H-Bridge Motor...
14
14

Vex on sale at radio shack - 50% off!
Everything Vex related is now 50% off at radioshack and You can get the starter kit for $150. It's quite a good deal. Just a heads up for fellow robot enthusiasts :) ttyl, --buddy
17
17

Silverlit I-Cybot infrared codes (Omniremote for Palm OS)
Greetings: We have an I-Cybot (Silverlit) which is missing its IR remote control. If you have one of these and a Palm OS-based machine with IR, I would really appreciate your assistance to train...