Subject Author Posted Replies

Recent article on home made gears ?
I seem to recall recently reading an article on making your own gears/timing pulleys. I am remebering something that showed how to print out a template, use a drill to make the teeth, etc. I am even...
8
8

download McGraw-Hill Engineering Reference Software FREE
I was looking online for more info on Robot Builder's Bonanza 3rd edition, and stumbled upon this offer from McGraw-Hill! copied from the web page listed above ---------------- Now you can download...

Thumbed thru Robot Builder's Bonanza edition 3 today
I thumbed thru the 3rd edition of Robot Builder's Bonanza today and so when I got home I dragged out my copy of the 2nd edition & did a quick comparison of the table of contents online. It seemed that...
9
9

Domestic Chores
Is there a comprehensive list of domestic chores one would have robots doing on the web somewhere? Thanks, Brad Smallridge aivision

Do you have a CMPS03 ?
Hi all. Could someboby tell me the frequency of the crystal on the CMPS03 board. Last time I tried to use my compass it did not work. Closer inspection revealed the crystal on the board was damaged...

1 week left: RoboMontreal logo design contest!
Over $200 in prizes up for grabs in RoboMontreal's logo design contest - entries due next Friday (March 31st) at noon! Grand prize: A Sumovore Mini-Sumo Robot Kit and a Netmedia BASICX-24p...

Gordon mccomb
Gordon mccomb is one great man he made the best selling robotics book robot builders bonanza, which in my opinion is the best robotics book out there. He did many technical books that I found very...
11
11

Vision-Based Autonomous Robot Self-Docking and Recharging
Hi, That's a paper I wrote that was accepted to the "WAC 2006" ( conference. It's here: directly from here: Uri. Untitled Document
8
8

Crossing Jordan Robot?
Howdy Folks, Was watching "Crossing Jordan" the other night, and there was a fleet of yellow robot bipeds (they were at a toy manufacturer) that looked kinda cool. Anyone know anything about them? TIA...
3
3

Has anyone seen this yet?
Has anyone seen this bot yet? Is it real? Certainly look real in the video. March 4, 2006 Boston Dynamics has released images and details of BigDog, which it is billing as the most advanced quadruped...
32
32

Source for Bevel right angle gearboxes?
I am looking for a USA or Canadian source for miniature or smaller bevel gearboxes (steel gears) with a ratio of 1:1. The gearbox should only be about 1.5 to 2 inches (L X W) and 1 inch in height....
2
2

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 19, 2006
UPDATE: Parting With 'Payson' - sol 757-763, Mar 19, 2006: Opportunity has finished science observations at the "Payson" outcrop. Since the rover was operating in restricted mode, the team could plan...

opinions on automotive power window motors ?
Anyone used automotive power window motors with success ? Also, I noticed this phrase on a catalog listing for one --- what does it mean ? Mount 3 bolt on 80mm B.C. The rest of the listing is below,...
7
7

Making an IR proximity sensor using simple LED and TSOP(photodiode)
Has anybody made a proximity sensor using simple IR transmitter and receiver pair? How is the performance? I want to determine distances upto 50 cm (moderate accuracy will do). I will be testing this...
1
1

Mars Rovers Get New Manager During Challening Period
March 17, 2006 Dwayne Brown/Erica Hupp Headquarters, Washington (202) 358-1726/1237 Guy Webster Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. (818) 354-6278 RELEASE: 06-101 MARS ROVERS GET NEW MANAGER...