Subject Author Posted Replies

Robotics career interview for school
I am interested in a career in robotics. I am doing a career interview for robotics in my technology class in 8h grade. If you would take a few minutes to answer my questions i would appreciate it....

will it help using shielded cable in DC motor to reduce noise?
will it help using shielded cable in DC motor to reduce noise? if yes how should i do it? just connect the shield to the motor housing and to the ground? will it help in any way or it neglectable...
5
5

OT: article on JavaWorld by Gordon McComb ?
Gordon - I discovered an article on JavaWorld that really helped me out today. Are you the same Gordon McComb that writes articles on there ? Just curious ! JCD
6
6

Rotory encoder chip ?
Looking for a chip or circuit that will take the two phase output from a rotory encoder and output, up, down and pulse I can't find my copies of that circuit in my piles of paper. Thanks Bill K7NOM
13
13

What makes some motors not reversible ?
What makes some motors not reversible ? Thanks !
7
7

advice needed on robotic armature
Hello, A project I'm working on entails a medical skeleton's forearm, laying flat on a table, which needs to rotate left and right in order to point to various items on the table. Currently, I have a...
3
3

Linux World in Boston
It looks like I may be manning a table at Linux World in Boston this year, anyone else going?

Serial Control Protocol
Hi all, I'm working on a new product that will have a serial control option and I've been looking into what application protocol to use. I found references to a serial control protocol used by the...
17
17

fanuc robot problem
hello all, i am new to this group. iam also thenew user of the fanuc Lrmate 100i with RJ2 mate controller. i want to make the communication of that robot to the laptop through rs232 port. if any one...

Dev tools for pocket pc 2002
Deception... I have a compaq ipaq 3635 that was laying around with no use. Now that I'm using 2005, I saw that you can develop apps for Pocket PC 2003, then I thought "why not?".... Well, after a...
4
4

RoboMontreal is having a logo design contest!
RoboMontreal is the first forum dedicated to robotics hobbyists in the Montreal area. The group is just getting started, and to help spread the word we're holding a logo design contest. The contest is...
2
2

Roboscout problems :-(
Hi, A friend of mine (who won her robotscout in a contest), gave me her roboscout, but it no longer works. It no longer charges and the back charging lights are never on. Does anyone know what might...

when to wire a stepper motor as Unipolar or Bipolar ?
Hello again. Assuming a stepper motor can be wired either way, what are typical reasons for wiring a stepper motor as Unipolar or Bipolar ? Thanks !
3
3

NetStick API / Networked Joystick
I have working, on a networked joystick system composed of a "joysender" and a "joyclient" class. Communication, currently, is from the sender to the client. The sender sends packets to the client. If...

LinuxPCRobot.org Source code
Changes to code has been moved to 's CVS repository. Velleman K8055 USB Data Acquisition card has replaced the K8000 I2C card. As part of the implementation of the K8055 interface, a usbdevice object...