Subject Author Posted Replies

RobotArm first project ever
Hi, I am studying electronic engineering and would like to do the following project: 1) make a computer aided design of a robotarm 2) build or buy the constructionparts that I have designed 3) buy...
20
20

First Streamed Mini Sumo Contest ever?
Tuesday morning my "Introduction to Robotics" Physics class at UNI will be running our first practice contest with identical Mark III's with the same software. (Might not be much "competition" but...
1
1

Experience with retro fitting robot?
Is this possible ? If yes: Do you have some links about it ? What are your experience?
1
1

Velleman 8055 vs Phidgets 8/8/8
Anyone saavy on both of these devices and can give a comparison? And an opinion? Then please feel free to express an opinion about price comparisons.
2
2

Kewl 4-legged walker
Link from slashdot: Boston Dynamics 4-legged walker; a little weird at first but very kewl.. --Click on the video; it's rather incredible. Sooo when can we get the kit?? :-)
2
2

Dog Food Bag Handling Method
This is the best advice I've heard so far in this thread. If you're buying the food from Wal Mart thats probably the best place for it. (I'm sorry I couldn't resist)
2
2

1/2" diameter aluminum rod for short axles ?
I was thinking about using some 1/2" diameter aluminum rod for short axles for some robot drive units. Axle length no more than 4" or so. Bots would weight from 15 to 35lbs. Was thinking about having...
9
9

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - March 3, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Studies Geology While Preparing for Martian Winter - sol 763-770, Mar 03, 2006: Spirit successfully completed four Martian days, or sols, of driving clockwise around the rim of "Home...

USB Mouse information
I'm pulling my hair out..... I've search google for days I have been using a ball PS2/USB mouse as my dual motor encoder. When connected to the PS/2 port, I can put the mouse in "disable report" mode,...
1
1

omniwheel?
Hi everyone, Please don't you know where is possible to buy some omniwheel or swedish wheel for mobile robots? I prefer Europe region but if it would be in USA it's ok as well. I need it for my...
8
8

VEX Robotics sprocket & chain problem
Does anyone know how to shorten one of these chains? I am building a small robot (less than 22 cm diameter) and am also limited in height (22 cm.) I'd live to use a sprocket and chain but would have...
3
3

mechanical pieces
I'm wanting to build a pulley system controlled by servos. Is there a good website that sells various (and medium to small) mechanical robotic pieces: springs, pulleys, mounts, elastic bands, wire...
4
4

lynx 6 programming
I want to write a program fof the lynx 6 robotic arm which will allow it to carry a small object in a straight line for 10cm, i wanted to use C but any working program will do. The controller I will...

Low resolution motor control
Here is an interesting problem, at least I think so, at "cruising speed," or there abouts, my PID algorithm works fine. At really slow "creeping speeds" the encoder resolution and wheel gearing...
16
16

CNC Robotic Coffee Machine (was Re: google video, superautomatic)
I've taken the liberty of crossposting this to and comp.robotics.misc under a title that is more descriptive to someone who isn't a coffee geek--it's on topic for all three groups and I felt that it...