Subject Author Posted Replies

LAST CALL: New Deadline - CFP: ACM SAC ROBOT Track - Intelligent Robotic Systems
Apologies for cross-posting. Please forward to your colleagues and mailing lists! LAST CALL - New Deadline: Sept. 05, 2010: Paper Submission ======================================================= >>...

MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) 2010 August 30
-- On the Shoulders of Giants? The "prsn" variable in MindForth artificial intelligence enables the AI to think thoughts in the first, second or third person with English verbs in the present tense....
18
18

Da Vinci Surgical Robot
I am not an "active" member of the group but am inquiring about peoples opinions of surgical robots, such as the "da Vinci" and the good and bad of the products. Thanks

Good robot arm for 9-year-old?
Hi all, My 9-year-old nephew will be visiting for a couple months, and I figured a robot arm kit would be good for him. After a bit of searching, it looks like an OWI 535 is a good starter arm that...
2
2

MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) 2010 August 25
-- Coordinating InStantiate and WhoBe A problem exists in the following man-machine dialogue, where "a spirit" is unwarrantedly treated as a "who". Robot: Human: god Robot: GOD WHO IS GOD Human: god...
1
1

Leaf Robot project
Hi, Anyone here familiar with the Leaf robot project? I've been playing around with a test installation of the software on a notebook PC running Win XP. Things seem to be working (voice rec & synth,...
2
2

MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) 2010 August 24
-- Enhancing Query-Responses Today in 24aug10A.F we have modified that query-answers will state the "qus" query-subject in the response. Before the direct-object of the response, we have put a call to...

MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) 2010 August 23
-- Calling WhoBe or WhatIs Properly Today we would like to use the most-glaring-defect principle to start working on the problem of MindForth giving responses with "BE" instead of "IS". As an obiter...
1
1

Deadline Extended: CFP: ACM SAC ROBOT Track - Intelligent Robotic Systems
Apologies for cross-posting. Please forward to your colleagues and mailing lists! Extended Deadline: Aug. 31, 2010: Paper Submission...

MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) 2010 August 17
Huh? I could more or less agree that processing natural language well means intelligence. (Hofstaedter). An acquaintance of mine, a linguist, had some ideas and has had help of a programmer in Java....
20
20

tiny steppers from DVD drive
I always hear small steppers appropriate for hobby robotics use may be extracted from CD or DVD drives. I wonder where the CD/DVD drive manufacturers source their motors? I tried just googling...
2
2

Server robot -- man machine interface
Man-Machine Interface If you look closely at how most RC joysticks and game pads are used you'll notice that they kind of rely on using two hands. I suggested a Wii controller but Frederic nixed that...
6
6

Server robot -- Background, purpose, and approach
Joe, here is the first design note for the robot I'm working on. Background: My former boss is a good guy and the most knowledgeable Linux person I know. He also has MS. He knew that I worked on...
13
13

Practical implementation of the I_PARAMETER for PID control
Hello, I'm looking for the best choice to implement fast PID controllers using limited computational resources. The performance of these controllers need not be the optimal, but reasonable and off...
1
1

Server Robot
I think the original thread "small hub motors" has strayed away from that topic enough to warrant a new thread. It sounds like you have things well in hand. I am really looking forward to some...
3
3