Subject Author Posted Replies

reference to an old topic
A while back there was a discussion of robotry having a too-small impact, and one remark (John Nagle?) was that labor is too cheap, noting the disappearance of "hands-free" car washes in favor of a...
1
1

ROTATING SHAFT ENGAGE / DISENGAGE
Does anyone know of a standard coupling which allows a rotating shaft, after halting, to disengage ( one side is retracted w/ linear actuator 1/4" to 1/2" ) as the other side is moved +/- 12" , as...
7
7

tj Can you recommend a book for Robots, and programming PID, with C or C++?
Hi All, Could you recommend a book on how to program a robot PID controller? Preferably with C/C++. I'm using 20Amp H-Bridges that are controlled by PWM. Thanks, 486DX

Purpose of consciousness in AI
In this AI landmark year of 2009, the page now has a subpage on consciousness at an optional Talk page for discussion. Or you may visit the #ai chat gateway at and click on "Start chatting now >>...
3
3

What controller is better?
Arduino Nano vs. Basic Stamp. which is better? I have used a Parallax BS2 for many years and is easy for me to use. I don't know anything about Arduino. Please enlighten me.
9
9

Declination angle
Hi, I?m doing a project for determining the position (declination angle) of a vehicle using Kalman Filter. I have one 3D Accelerator and 3 Gyros on board. With the help of Kalman Filter I must find...
6
6

RWI B12 again
OK, another question regarding my trusty RWI B12---any other oldtimers out there that can tell me how to take the wheel assembly off? :-( I can break the thing down to almost all of its component...

Old RWI B12 robot parts
I have an RWI B12 robot that has been faithfully working for me :-) over the years (since 1995). Unfortunately, his plastic (?) tires are beginning to crack and split. Epoxy will hold repair them for...

Wireless link for homebuilt robots?
What do people use for wireless links to homebuilt robots?
9
9

Using MIDI Files to Control Animatronics Info Please
Using MIDI Files to Control Animatronics Info Please Is anyone using MIDI files to control Animatronics? I have heard that the best way to control individual actions of a robot is by using MIDI files...
1
1

STEP MOTOR
Hi, I have a question about controlling step motors. First of, which control is best suited for it, that is easy to use and easily connects to motor and computer. Secondly, can I control the RPM of...
2
2

Sub Sets Record in Dive to Ocean's Deepest Trench
FYI... Has anyone built anything like this? TMT Impressive ROV... Sets Record in Dive to Ocean's Deepest Trench LiveScience Staff Wed Jun 3, 10:18 am ET A robotic vehicle named Nereus has made the...

Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.
The Wayback machine shows it had a couple of lives and was parked for a while between Jul 2003 and Feb 2008. Here's one previous life: Chris Burrows CFB Software Armaide v2.0: ARM Oberon-07...
9
9

Hw Mouse/keyboard emulator for intelligent agents
Hi all, I am investigating the use/creation of a macro recorder / scripting tool that should be able to act as a human to manage a set of computers for daily tasks. So far, there are different sw...
1
1

DARPA's LANdroids: Mobile Network Bots
DARPA=92s LANdroids program is overseeing the development of a system of mobile robots whose purpose which will create a wireless network quickly on the battlefield. The robots are to be rugged, very...