Subject Author Posted Replies

What's a Robot?
This is sure to spark a lively discussion: I am sick and tired of hearing the term "robot" used to describe any machine or toy with pre-programmed or remote-controlled actions. The other day I was...
16
16

HELP: Micro Linear actuators
I was searching the web in vain for a very small linear actuator (with a stroke about 20mm and a few Newtons force) without much success. The smallest I found were Firgelli PQ-12( and LS-12( LS-6 is...
4
4

IEEE Trans. on Robotics special issue on SLAM.
The latest issue of IEEE Trans. on Robotics is all about SLAM. There are some interesting new algorithms, and articles on all the old ones. This stuff actually works now, with nothing more than a...
2
2

Light sensor?
I have a tiny little robot which is sold by Radio Shack. It looks like a bug, and has two sensors which make it turn when it contacts a vertical surface. It lives in my cupboard, but the battery is...
3
3

Q-bus ISA adapter
I try to use an unimate controller for controlling PUMa robots. But I want to use PC to control the robot. So I need a ISA to Q-bus adapter. But I don't see any such adapters with linux drives (since...

What is the difference between a carried part and a normal move of a robot?
Hey guys, As the topics showing, it is a industrial robot question. When a industrial robot is moving a linear motion, is it different between a carried part move and a normal move? Any helpful answer...
4
4

hexapod robot dance competition
Dance Competition, Hagenberg, Austria http://www.fh-hagenberg.at/hsd Best of the third Austrian Hexapod Championships: Category Dance NEWS: Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXMnbNoccgA for the...
1
1

Need ideas for liquid flow meter
Has anyone come across a liquid flow meter with a digital output? I have an application in which I need to deliver a fixed (programmable) amount of a liquid, and any of the industrial solutions I've...
11
11

Robot Planning algorithms - free on-line book
FYI: Planning Algorithms By Steven M. LaValle, Copyright 2006 Cambridge University Press, 842 pages To buy: Cambridge ($63) Amazon ($46.40) This book presents a unified treatment of many different...
1
1

I want. I want. I want
If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic micro do you think they might consider me. ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) Rob
2
2

sharp GP2Y0A02YK sensors
I am wondering if anyone has characterized the voltage readings at various distances for different types of surfaces and materials using the sharp GP2Y0A02YK IR range sensors
1
1

Cheaper solution to Dynamixel RX-64 continuous turn servo motor
Dear Robotics Experts, I am looking for high torque continuous servo motors for a all-wheel drive mobile robotic platform. Total weight of the platform will be approximately 30kg, including batteries....
2
2

Engineer Jobs
SCHILLING ROBOTICS, INC. is a leading global producer of subsea control systems, ROVs (remotely operated vehicles), and other high- technology equipment and services for oil and gas subsea exploration...
6
6

Low-cost ARM processor board with 4 (or more) UART
Hello, Do you know any low-cost, small size, commercially-off-the-shelf ARM processor board with four (or more) UART (preferably with Linux) ? Thx albertgoodwill at gmail com
2
2

Arduino ? kits? distributors ?
Anyone have experience and/or have opinions on the Arduino ? Offer any Arduino based kits ? Give a shout out ! JCDeen
4
4