Subject Author Posted Replies

"Spider-Sapien"
I saw a "Spider-Sapien" at a mall today. It was a RoboSapien done up as SpiderMan. pretty funny ... ... well ... this is *sortof* on-topic. jcd

Go Speed Racer! Revving up the world's fastest nanomotors
In a =93major step=94 toward a practical energy source for powering tomorrow=92s nanomachines, researchers in Arizona report development of a new generation of sub-microscopic nanomotors that are up...

Best C++ Serial Library?
Hi, I'm getting started with C++ because our school's robotics club found last year that Java's (third party) serial libraries are a bit slow for our needs, so we're intending to split our program...
6
6

Video cameras for Computer Vision
Hello, We are working on a project which will follow a target on a road. The authonomous system will use a video camera as an input, and process the frames on Linux operating system and will instruct...
6
6

Are you looking at me? - birds can tell - says the study
Birds can tell if you are watching them -- because they are watching you humans, the eyes are said to be the =91window to the soul=92, conveying much about a person=92s emotions and intentions. New...

What are the hot topics in Robotics? Any one can tell me?
I'm a junior students majoring in Automatic Controlling, and now applying for Robotics Master degree. I'm now really wondering what are the hot topics in robotics, and what i'll do in the future if I...
2
2

jellyfish robots
Here are a couple of robots unlike one's I've seen before. I really like the flying jellyfish.... Festo, the same company that brought us the Air Ray robot last year, has developed yet another...
5
5

yaw roll pitch from extrinsic parameter
hi Does anyone know how to estimate yaw, roll pitch angles from extrinsic camera parameters? thanks
2
2

Bayesian inference
I am asking a question that might be very very stupid but after nearly 2 weeks of searching for an answer I am still not clear what to do. here is the deal: I am a CS grad, with very topological...
4
4

solenoids or servos ?
I've been curious for a while about this so I'm coming to you guys to get some experience-based answers! The big question: which is more efficient - power consumption-wise - for pulling the same...
9
9

Mind.html version of MindForth updated 2008 April 22
Artificial intelligence in JavaScript as for the MSIE browser has been updated on 22apr2008 at (free AI). Changes include better functioning of the checkboxes in the AI Mind Control Panel and...

contest entries needed ! get iRobot Roomba Create + Sub SPOT kit
These guys need some more kids to fill up the remain spots in their contest: cost for registration is $250. Each successful registrant will receive a Roomba Create and a Sun Microsystems SPOT...
2
2

Motor / gearbox Design for 100 lb AGV
Mechanically inclined, not electrically engineer inclined needing to power a 100 lb t shirt shooting vehicle (AGV). Team already has 2 12 volt (small car battery) power sources and 8 in wheels. Notion...
26
26

Who was it that used to post the Mars Rover Updates ?
Who was it that used to post the Mars Rover Updates ? I'd like to invite him/her back since the splorge has subsided. Thanks ! JCD
3
3

Cool robot oriented mags & links
I picked up the latest edition of Popular Science yesterday which has a nice article on "The Real Iron Man" - the exoskeleton suit being developed by Sarcos. Here's a link to the online version: I've...
10
10