Subject Author Posted Replies

Stepper Motor Question
Will this motor: ?name=403-1006-NDwork with this driver chip: ?name=497-2936-5-ND? http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail
5

alternatives to JAUS?
Are there any alternatives to the JAUS communication standard for talking to robots? JAUS is lacking in segment types, coordinate projection, error messages, and a host of other things. I guess my...
1
1

Journal Special Issue on Control and Intelligent Systems in Humanitarian Technologies
Journal Special Issue on Control and Intelligent Systems in Humanitarian Technologies Control and Intelligent Systems An International Journal published by ACTA press established in 1972 Papers due:...

plastic push tabs for mounting hobby servos ?
Hello everyone. What are those little plastic push tabs for mounting hobby servos that look like a cross between pop-rivets and push-pins called ? Also, I was thinking about using some fishing gear...
4
4

Troubles parallel ambitions in NASA Mars project
Thought you find this of interest. Note the design difficulties...just like our robots. ;
13
13

Adwise needed for designing robot
Sir I want to make a robot used for image processing through Rf and convert my order into mechanical work but the problem is that i want to make that robot as an scorpio and need images atleast upto...
1
1

Advice needed
HI all. I built a gear cutter a while back and it works ok. have built the electronics and part of the mechanics for a better one with the idea of selling it. description is at: I wrote a short...
1
1

Small homemade charge controller
I recently upgraded my recumbent trike to an electric vehicle and want to take advantage of regenerative braking to extend the range of the batteries. The motor is brushed, so it should act like a...

Mechanical design of Mars rover mobility subsystem
Hello, I want to ask expert advise if someone on this group can explain (and/ or provide related URL) how the Mars rover's mobility system (particularly the differential mechanism) works? Following is...
19
19

Job Advert: Research Fellow to work on EU Cognitive Robotics Project at University of Birmingham, UK
Applications are invited for a Research Fellowship, starting as soon as possible, on a project due to end on 30 June 2012. The post is for work on two major EU funded projects: CoSy: Cognitive Systems...

mechatronics conference
Hi, Is there any mechatronics conference in UK in August-September? Regards, Baten

CFP: IEEE CIS2008. Deadline 5 May 2008
7th IEEE International Conference on Cybernetic Intelligent Systems 2008 September 9-10, 2008 Middlesex University, London United Kingdom Aims and objectives This is the seventh in a series of...

How many robots does it take to screw in a light bulb?
What Wattage?
4
4

Hexapod tripod gait is bumping too much!
Hello, we are participating in a competition held by a local university where each of the participants got a circular hexapod robot that has to be trained to run as fast and as smooth as possible. The...
25
25

Robobusiness?
Is anyone going to Robobusiness on Tuesday? I'm thinking about flying out from Chicago and spending the day there. I have the flight figured out and found an inexpensive shuttle to the convention...